Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Yet another round of nonsense... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Yet another round of nonsense...
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'n on a roll, somebody stop me

1). How do you put a giraffe into a refrigerator?

Correct answer:
Open the refrigerator door, put in the giraffe and close the door.

(* This question tests whether you tend to do simple things in an overly complicated way *)

2). How do you put an elephant into a refrigerator?

Wrong Answer:
Open the refrigerator door, put in the elephant and close the refrigerator.

Correct Answer:
Open the refrigerator, take out the giraffe, put in the elephant and close the door.

(* This tests your ability to think through the repercussions of your actions *)

3). The Lion King is hosting an animal conference. All the animals attend except one.
Which animal does not attend?

Correct Answer: The Elephant.
The Elephant is in the refrigerator.

(* This tests your memory. Even if you did not answer the first three questions correctly,
you still have one more chance to show your abilities *)

4). There is a river you must cross. But it is inhabited by crocodiles.
How do you manage it?

Correct Answer: You swim across. All the Crocodiles are attending the Animal Meeting.

(* This tests whether you learn quickly from your mistakes *)

According to Andersen Consulting Worldwide,
around 90% of the professionals they tested got all questions wrong.
But many preschoolers got several correct answers.
AC says this conclusively disproves the theory that most professionals have the brains of a four year old.

------------------
"Cry havoc and let's slip the dogs of Evil"

[This message has been edited by The_Evil_Lord (edited April 23, 2001).]

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1) Is the refrigerator big enough to hold a giraffe?

Sometimes jobs that seem simple turn out to be more complicated than anticipated.

2) Assuming the refrigerator can hold the giraffe, can you get the elephant in the refigerator alongside the giraffe?

Sometimes it's better to do two things together than one at a time.

3) If you can get both of them in the refrigerator, then the giraffe will be absent from the meeting too.

Actions taken at the beginning could lead to a different solution later on.

4) What if you can't swim?

Sometimes you need to understand and accept your limitations.

------------------
The Worlds Ten Greatest 'Fucks' #9

Who let that fucking woman drive? - Captain of Space Shuttle

[This message has been edited by Orion Syndicate (edited April 23, 2001).]

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's it. I'm mailing this one out to my friends!!!!

------------------
"In a completely unrelated news story, I have a date tomorrow night."
- Omega, in trying to explain why pigs are now flying, why Microsoft products are now working perfectly, hell freezing over, and George W Bush giving a flawless speech. 04/06/01, 12:17AM

MC Infinity
Member # 531

- posted      Profile for MC Infinity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are some things that shouldn't be ruined like that, this is one of them

------------------
"Well if it's gonna be that kind of a party, I'm putting my dick in the mashed potatoes!"

-Nimrod 16/4/2001

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a flaw in the last question. Supposedly, the only animal not at the meeting is the one in the refrigerator. Therefore, the person answering the question is also at the meeting, and therefore cannot be crossing the river.

------------------
"Although, from what I understand, having travelled around the Mid-west quite a bit, apparently Jesus is coming, so I guess the choice now is we should decide whether we should spit or swallow."
-Maynard James Keenan

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Persons are not animals.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
"I think this reason why girls don't do well on multiple choice tests goes all the way back to the Bible, all the way back to Genesis, Adam and Eve. God said, 'All right, Eve, multiple choice or multiple orgasms, what's it going to be?' We all know what was chosen" - Rush Limbaugh, Feb. 23, 1994.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes.

Mammals = Animals, last time I watched Discovery Channel. (Obviously, for the horse sex, mind you.)

------------------
"Instructed by history and reflection, Julian was persuaded that, if the diseases of the body may sometimes be cured by salutary violence, neither steel nor fire can eradicate the erroneous opinions of the mind."

-Edward Gibbons, The Decline and Fall of The Roman Empire.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JeffK: Not animals, are we? Well, that leaves plants, fungi, protists, or monerans. Which are we, then?

------------------
"Although, from what I understand, having travelled around the Mid-west quite a bit, apparently Jesus is coming, so I guess the choice now is we should decide whether we should spit or swallow."
-Maynard James Keenan

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tim Tim Tim... you're still using the archaic five-kingdom classification scheme... *rolls eyes*

------------------
"I can be creative when I have a good idea. That just happens way too rarely."
-Omega, April 6

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tom's quite right.

It should be "What element is your Battle Beast: Fire, Wood or Water?"

------------------
At that point, McDonald fired his gun three times in the air to emphasize his point. The crowd, estimated at 350,000, loudly cheered the new candidate.

"Let me make this clear: I am the law! I am your ruler! And you will have fries with that, motherf*cker!"

MsChris
Member # 445

- posted      Profile for MsChris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LMAO!!!
My husband's is fire.

------------------
Awww...He ate my cookie!

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mold.

------------------
"I'm beginning to think that there'll be NO forced mating at ALL!" --Professor Hubert T. Farnsworth

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dread to ask, but MsChris, your husbands what is fire?

And doesn't it burn?

------------------
You know, when Comedy Central asked us to do a Thanksgiving episode, the first thought that went through my mind was, "Boy, I'd like to have sex with Jennifer Aniston."
-Trey Parker, co-creator of South Park

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Her husband's element, I'd imagine.

Now what she means by that is anyone's guess.

------------------
At that point, McDonald fired his gun three times in the air to emphasize his point. The crowd, estimated at 350,000, loudly cheered the new candidate.

"Let me make this clear: I am the law! I am your ruler! And you will have fries with that, motherf*cker!"

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think you want her answering that.

------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps