Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » An unexpected and undesirable event (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: An unexpected and undesirable event
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or in the vernacular of the streets, a traffic accident. Yes, Flare-goers and ner-do-wells, I was involved in a traffic accident on Friday 11 May 2000 at 7:00 pm pst.

There I was, driving my car...a car I quite liked...down a street and I was hit, hit mind you by a driver making a left hand turn. Oh, not that I was hurt mind you, but my car! My car!

Looks like the initial hit damaged the drivers door, the fender, the wheel, the tire and then, I skided into a fire hydrant! Water gushing all the way up to the phone wires. Which in turn brought all the people out to look. But the hydrant damaged the hood and the front end! Yes!

So, I talks to the insurance type claims fellow today and he says they are likely to total my car by my description! I don't need/want a new car. I want my car! I was getting rather close to paying off the loan...at least I think I was...and I don't want to pay again just some some wacked out kid with a driver's licence and the attitude of 'hey dude, you hit me'...while I was driving forward in MY lane and you turned left into ME!!

Must replace bitter thoughts with happy ones and take my pills...the traffic accident fun is just beginning!

------------------
I'll kill you, you bloated museum of treachery!
~ C. Montgomery Burns

[This message has been edited by Jay (edited May 15, 2001).]

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That sounds perfectly horrible, Jay. At least it wasn't a major accident. I mean, aside from the car.

------------------
OH NO< THE OLD MAN WALKS HIS GREEN DOG THAT SHOTS PINBALLS!~!!!
--
Jeff K
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet" and nothing at all will happen.

Antagonist
Member # 484

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One technique I find helpful when I encounter those types of people, Jay, is to leap at them, fangs flashing and claws extended, ripping their throats from their puny bodies and then spitting on their now cold corpse.

Oh wait, back to reality.

------------------
"Vulcans do not dance." -Tuvok

[This message has been edited by The Antagonist (edited May 15, 2001).]

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe we should start a collection for Flare members involved in traffic accidents of some sort. There are what, 3 or 4 people who've had them in the past year alone?

------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, there's me, Liz, JeffK apparently goes out and deliberately runs down cute little deer. . .

------------------
Phasers

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stalks them, even.
That's a challenge, you know, sneaking up on fawn with a Jeep. Comes from the japanese art of camouflage, origatsi.

------------------
Don't kill me, I'm charming!

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The deer jumped out at me. And there was the unfortunate incident with the fence, but that's another story. Frankly, my agressive driving skills have kept me from colliding with many a nary-do moron driver.

That and my fog horn.

Jay, you must get a fog horn in whichever car you're driving in a few weeks. That way, when some idiot kid is making a left hand turn into your right of way ...

AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGA!

And, er, he'll either stop or be so freaked out he guns the accelerators and flies into some little old lady's house.

I actually got yelled at by the cops for having it, though, but it's probably 'cuz I was honking at the drunk drivers in a residential neighborhood at 2am on a Tuesday night, but ... hey ...

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
Card-Carrying Member of the Flare APAO
"I think this reason why girls don't do well on multiple choice tests goes all the way back to the Bible, all the way back to Genesis, Adam and Eve. God said, 'All right, Eve, multiple choice or multiple orgasms, what's it going to be?' We all know what was chosen" - Rush Limbaugh, Feb. 23, 1994.

[This message has been edited by JeffKardde (edited May 15, 2001).]

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remind me to stay off the roads when you go driving, Jeff.

------------------
"Goverment exists to serve, not to lead. We do not exist by its volition, it exists by ours. Bear that in mind when you insult your neighbors for refusing to bow before it." J. Richmond

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, no, you'd be safer on the roads, actually ...

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
"I think this reason why girls don't do well on multiple choice tests goes all the way back to the Bible, all the way back to Genesis, Adam and Eve. God said, 'All right, Eve, multiple choice or multiple orgasms, what's it going to be?' We all know what was chosen" - Rush Limbaugh, Feb. 23, 1994.

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After reading JeffKarrde's post - I simply gotta get me a fog horn! Anyone know where I can get one in the UK?

Hehe! Simply have to have one now.

akb1979
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Say JeffKarrde, how did you get your 'AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGA!' to be displayed like that? Mine won't do it.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*heh*

I can probably get an air horn used on 18-wheelers from my neighbour...

------------------
"I got a personal grudge against that rabbit, Jim!"
- McCoy, "Shore Leave"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

For fog & air horns, you can probably get them from your local "auto-parts" store ... you can also probably get them from Quadratec ... although they're mostly for after-market off-road vehicle add-ons, I think I saw some in their catelogue.

They're good especially for Jeeps. My factory horn sounded like a sick goat. "Bwah! Bwah!"

AKB ... do an "h2" in "<" ">" those brackets and you should be fine. You can also just click on the "edit post" button to see ... (just don't edit my post).

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

akb1979
Member # 557

Thanks JeffKarrde!

Hehe!

[This message has been edited by akb1979 (edited May 15, 2001).]

Damn it! First I typed it myself, then I copied JeffKarrde's and still it won't work. Anyone care to educate me as to what I've done wrong?

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

------------------
Don't kill me, I'm charming!

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps