Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » An unexpected and undesirable event (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: An unexpected and undesirable event
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reminds me of that "Scorched Earth" tank game back in the days of DOS...

------------------
"Babies haven't any hair;
old men's heads are just as bare;
between the cradle and the grave
lies a haircut and a shave."

Samuel Hoffenstein

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jay, will the insurance guys be replacing your vehicle? Sounds like you've been stiffed here....

------------------
Re: Russia in WWII

"Hey, we butchered Poles! Thats OK."
- DT.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course, in the grand scheme of things, there is far worse to be done then being stiffed by the insurance thugs.

Like, being stiffed by your hairy - and yet oddly affectionate - cell-mate Bob.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
Card-Carrying Member of the Flare APAO
"I think this reason why girls don't do well on multiple choice tests goes all the way back to the Bible, all the way back to Genesis, Adam and Eve. God said, 'All right, Eve, multiple choice or multiple orgasms, what's it going to be?' We all know what was chosen" - Rush Limbaugh, Feb. 23, 1994.

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daryus, at the moment, I am getting nothing from his cut rate insurance. In fact, I had to call his insurance to report the incident...he did not, I guess expecting a magic wand to wipe his kid's blunder away.

Anyway, I called them, got a report number which I need to give to slugs who work for my insurance. They are the types who seem to think that sitting on their butt drinking coffee is investigating the matter.

Ahem.

I won't know till next Monday, I should imagine since they only work on weekdays cause no one has any business driving a car on any other day of the week...if they decide to total it. THEN I have to wait for the slugs from his insurance to give me crud about the accident and all that.

Like I said, it's a big old bundle of fun.

------------------
I'll kill you, you bloated museum of treachery!
~ C. Montgomery Burns

[This message has been edited by Jay (edited May 19, 2001).]

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You did call the cops when it happened, right?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
Card-Carrying Member of the Flare APAO
"I think this reason why girls don't do well on multiple choice tests goes all the way back to the Bible, all the way back to Genesis, Adam and Eve. God said, 'All right, Eve, multiple choice or multiple orgasms, what's it going to be?' We all know what was chosen" - Rush Limbaugh, Feb. 23, 1994.

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*smiles* I must be the luckiest woman alive when it comes to Insurance Companies, because mine has been GREAT! I've got multiple open claims on them, I've HAD claims in the past, and they've yet to drop me, stiff me, give me a hard time, or even raise my rates....

If only all companies could be like that.......... :-P

------------------
"Apprently, "pooty" involves deities and pretty girls in compromising positions..." ~TSN Jan. 18th, 2001

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You forgot to knock wood, my dear.

------------------
"Babies haven't any hair;
old men's heads are just as bare;
between the cradle and the grave
lies a haircut and a shave."

Samuel Hoffenstein

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well well...the person involved in the accident (read me) GOT A NEW CAR TODAY!

WHOO HOOO!!! *new car dance*

It is, to be more accurate a 2001 Honda Civic EX...which has, other than a satellite dish, most everything a boy could want from a car. AND a whole new car payment to boot! I am now capable of moving in and around the urban megalopolis that is Los Angeles free from the Kia Sportage that I was renting. *shudder*

This in the very least ends that particular chapter in the Book Of The Accident. We ended another when the other person's (read slug who hit me) insurance accepted liability. However, and isn't there is always a however, they are giving me some sort of run around about paying $2500 for the car. Which is not the amount my insurance company totaled it for...which is as I recall something like $3,100 or so. There seems to be a difference there.

All of which brings us to a whole new chapter in the saga.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$2500?

That's not much.

How much did you pay for your old car?

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps