Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Linda Porter..HELP!

Author Topic: Linda Porter..HELP!
MaGiC
tutis per veneficus
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for MaGiC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have an auditon in about 18 hours. If anyone can find the nationality/cultural background of Cole Porters wife Linda before then I will be forever grateful (not to mention available for all sorts of sinful activity).

Some cow told me she she was french, please say it isn't so I've been learning the audition in a bronx accent.....HELP!!

Clare

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hum...knowing nothing whatsoever about the aforementioned person doesn't help.
But both Britannica and some website with his name just say she's an "American divorcee"
http://www.coleporter.org/bio.html http://www.britannica.com/eb/article?eu=62513=0

If it helps any, the first has a picture...so if you can figure out via a picture her nationality....

[ May 27, 2001: Message edited by: Mucus ]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to this, this and this, she was from Louisville, Kentucky. And this calls her "very southern", which should help the accent question...
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, Jodie Foster or Juliette Lewis, perhaps? Train, little girl. Train like the wind!

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

MaGiC
tutis per veneficus
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for MaGiC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Southern...OK...I can learn an accent in less than 6 hours....

Thanks for the help guys!

--------------------
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chew a some straw, too. And listen to country music. Them southern yokels like that kind of stuff ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, this ain't no haog, I reckon we've found ourselves a sow... Turn around, boah.

*whistles dixie*

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wahl, lookee here! We done got ourselves a reader!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

MaGiC
tutis per veneficus
Member # 59

Didn't get the part by the way. I am about 10 years too young apparently. They did say they would like to see me for their next production in November...I think its the musical version of 'The best little whorehouse in Texas' so they got me pinned straight away!

I hate being so easy to read.

--------------------
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride"

Nim
Member # 205

"I am about 10 years too young apparently."
I bet you danced on the sidewalk for a while after they said that.

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not if Linda Porter was, like, in her 50's in this play. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay for hot women taking money for sex.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.