Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Pre-Trial Selection (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Pre-Trial Selection
DEAvendetta
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nor have I... But, I'm selling some damn good hotdogs in the southeastern area of the courtroom - Right behind the witness seats.

------------------

There are no words to describe it's perfection, so I'm forced to make one up..DEAverification

IP: Logged
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Give me a nice Polish Sausage with Bacon Bits, Cheese, Pickles, Olives, Ketchup, Mustard, and a dash of Barbeque sauce please?

Also, the office of the District Attourney of Flare has determined there is sufficient evidence to support an Attempted World Domination Charge. The D.A.'s office makes a motion to amend the indictment.

Does the defense care to object?

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*stands up*

OBJECTION!

What EVIDENCE do you have of my client attempting to take over the world?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a well known fact. Maybe next you'll object to the sky being reffered to as blue? The sun yellow? No, no, the Pacific Ocean isn't salty!

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Saltah'na
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We will provide evidence that the Changing of the Flare Forums was purely a front, and that it represents part of his plans to take over the world. We will also provide evidence that points to a past attempt at World Domination. Now if you'll excuse us, we must start Jury selection.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You'll need witnesses... better subpoena Jubes.

I'll only testify under condition of immunity from any charges relating to MY conspiracy to take over the United States.

And if somebody buys me a Monster Burger combo. With Iced Tea.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Saltah'na
Member # 33

Full, Complete, Immunity Granted

But as for your menu order, can't do anything about that.

[ May 29, 2001: Message edited by: Tahna Los ]

--------------------

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shouldn't Caesar Capps at least come out on the balcony of this thread and pope-wave at the crowd? The thread is in his honour...

ROMA INVICTA!!!!

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

MsChris
Member # 445

- posted      Profile for MsChris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm...MrCapps still is not attendance? That gives me the right to revoke bail - no objections by the defense necessary. Right?

--------------------
Awww...He ate my cookie!

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking on behalf of the defense, but not ofically part of the defense team...I submit an amicus curiae brief.

If it please the court, Mr. Capps has not had not had yet been indicted offically. Nor has the District Attorney's Office filed the any specifics relating to the charges leading to the arrest and detainment of Mr. Capps.

This is, as I take it, a preliminary hearing taking note of whether Mr. Capps is to be bound over for trial. I would also take the time to remind the Court that as an American citizen, Mr. Capps has right and immunities layed out in the 5th Amendment to the Constitution of the United States and justice demands that Mr. Capps be allowed a full and equal hearing which would include a and specific indictement by the prosecution.

To elimiate bail at this point in the proceeding is prejudical against Mr. Capps as he is entitled to consideration under the 8th Amendment to the Constitution of the United States:

quote:
Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted

Revocation bail at this time would be outside the bounds of an impartial hearing by this Court. Mr. Capps has been arrested and has apparently had a bail hearing subsequent to his release from jail on bond.

Mr. Capps is represented by council which should be adequate at this point in the proceedings. His presence not having been specifically called for by the Court, Mr. Capps need not appear before Court on this matter at this time.

Should the Court find for a reconsideration of bail, we would remind the Court of Mr. Capp's status as a leading citizen of the the Seattle area and of the fact that there have been no appempts made to flee from the jurisdiction of this Court. He is quite simply a productive member of society and not a flight risk.

I thank the Court for its time and consideration.

[ May 29, 2001: Message edited by: Jay ]

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The word is spelled "indict", not "indite".
Saltah'na
Member # 33

Thank you for your concern, Jay, but the District Attourney's office was never notified on the particulars of bail, nor was it given a chance to participate in Mr. Capps' Bail Hearing. We have made the motion to revoke Mr. Capps' bail based on this and based on the fact that he poses a significant threat to the entire world. Mr. Capps' prior attempt at world domination should be a sign that the defendant should be held without bail not only for the safety of the people, but for his own safety as well. I cite People vs (??????) in which "the defendant can be held without bail if there is evidence that he/she may be subject to harm from society in any form of reprisal".

As for the formal Indictments, they have been processed and sent to Mr. Capps' Defense team. As you may know, the charges are Conspiracy to take over the World and Attempted World Domination. We are also processing a charge of Posession of Illegal Sheep to be added to the indictment.

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May it please the court, I will be representing the sheep in this and all subsequent civil or criminal procedings.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Saltah'na
Member # 33

I'm making a motion to have the sheep severed from this trial. They will be tried separately.

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your honour, I object! My clients are the victims in this matter! They are prepared to provide testimony in all the matters currently before this court!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps