Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Pre-Trial Selection (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Pre-Trial Selection
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have evidence that the sheep were in fact part of Mr. Capps's plan for World Domination. The sheep willingly and knowingly participated in his plan without regard for the consequences. As a result, the sheep will also be tried, but in a separate trial.

If the sheep are willing to testify against the defendant, Mr. Kelly, then perhaps the District Attourney's office is willing to look at a lighter sentence.

Has the Jury been chosen yet? I am ready with opening statements.

[ May 30, 2001: Message edited by: Tahna Los ]

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is victimization, pure and simple! Counsel has not provided any evidence of complicity; indeed, he may even be deliberately withholding such information. I demand he be held in contempt pending release of this essential evidence. I would further ask the court for a stay in procedings to examine the evidence, should it in fact exist.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Saltah'na
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your Evidence will be submitted to you shortly. This will include pictures, as well as witness statements identifying Mr. Capps as the leader of this uprising. You will find that you only have two choices: testify against Mr. Capps, or be tried together with Mr. Capps.

As you can see, only testifying against Mr. Capps is the only right thing to do, Mr. Kelly.

Also another thing, Mr. Kelly. Your name is on my list of witnesses in the trial against Mr. Capps. I suggest you distance yourself from your clients, and be prepared to participate in the trial.

Sorry Lee, but I've got plans to make a case against our Glorious Leader. :-D. Contact me via PM if you want to know whom I'm talking about.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Sheep in unison) DDAAAADDDYYY!

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, Okay. . . just let me say what I wanted to say (the whole point of getting involved in this):

"You honour, I object! Counsel is barbecuing the witness!" 8)

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't believe that you were saucy enough to make that joke, Lee.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Saltah'na
Member # 33

*polishes grill, prepares garnish and spice*

Whaddya Talking about?

Clarification, Lee. I think that you are still allowed to represent your clients PROVIDED that the cases are severed. So, in order to still represent your client when you'll be subpoenaed, it'll be better off if the cases are severed.

In the meantime, the motion to barbeque the witnesses will come AFTER the case is closed.

--------------------

Lee
Member # 393

In which case, with the court's permission I shall withdraw to prepare the marinade, er, case.

--------------------

MsChris
Member # 445

- posted      Profile for MsChris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mr.Kelly, It would appear that you are a hostile witness. In regards to that, the sheep will be tried seperately - due to a conflict of interest. But of course, if you would like to consider the offer that the prosecution has presented....

*whispers to Baliff*
Have you seen my carving knives?

--------------------
Awww...He ate my cookie!

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your honor, the defence has decided to waive the right to a trial by jury. We will accept your personal decision as legally binding.

*sniffs*

Ooh, lamb chops? Might I?

*CHOMP*

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Saltah'na
Member # 33

*munchmunchmunch*

I'd like to propose a solution.

*munchmunchmunch*

I would like to make a motion on making the General Population of the Forums the Jury.

*munchmunchmunch*

Not all have to participate, we just need to open a thread to gather opinions and make a verdict.

*munchmunchmunch*

I hope this solution is one that will satisfy everyone.

*munchmunchmunch*

*munchmunchmunch*

*munchmunchmunch*

Psst. Don't cook them all, I still need a couple of them for witnesses.

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tahna, you just ate my cat.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Lee
Member # 393

Oh, well, no great loss if there are no sheep left, all I could get out of them in terms of a plea was "BAAAAAAAAAA" anyway. I was attempting to educate them in the difference between "BAAAAAAAAAA" and "Not BAAAAAAAAAA" but without much success.

--------------------

MsChris
Member # 445

- posted      Profile for MsChris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I would like to make a motion on making the General Population of the Forums the Jury.

Granted!

Will both sides please prepare their opening statements. Court will recess until tomorrow morning (whatever time I post the new thread for the trial). Court adjourned!

Someone please pass a toothpick.

Oh and give Tahna a barf bag - No feline remains on the floor please!

--------------------
Awww...He ate my cookie!

Saltah'na
Member # 33

No Need.

I like Cats, they taste like Chicken!!!

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps