Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Bubonic plauge at Colorado Springs?!?!?!?! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Bubonic plauge at Colorado Springs?!?!?!?!
MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have only just heard about this. So far loads of prerie dogs have died from it and 1 person. Has anybody heard any more about this?
IP: Logged
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's a "plauge?" And are prerie dogs those little Jerry Falwell-shaped cocktail weenies?

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to cnn.com, it's true.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*shrug*

So take some antibiotics. Plague is so 14th century.

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG!! if CNN says it's true then we're all DOOMED!!!

seriously, i think that it's possible for the black plague (i prefer "black" to "bubonic" cause it's easaier to type) to reappear. we never did get rid of it like small pox. maybe now that science is a little better than what it was we can find a cure. or a vaccine.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um... Vaccinations are for viral infections. Bubonic plague is bacterial.
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As my music theory teacher once told me, "Don't believe you're dead until CNN says it."

Oh well, I'll scratch Colorado off my list places to visit this summer.

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmm. i huess i wasn't listinin to my bio teacher when she talked about virus' and disease. would penicillin work against the little buggers?

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After seeing the spelling of some forumites in this thread, it would seem that some people amongst us are already infected.
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Euh, that was dash cunning of thee, sir!

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Da_bang80:
hmm. i huess i wasn't listinin to my bio teacher when she talked about virus' and disease. would penicillin work against the little buggers?

No. Penicillin is so over used nowadays that it can hardly fight pnumonia anymore. Anyone with a sniffle is getting presciptions for the stuff, even when they don't need it. And doctors don't have the balls to say, "No, you are not getting this. You don't need it." Please don't hassle my about mispelling pnumonia. LOL

IP: Logged
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a second, Tim. It's been a while since I've taken biology but aren't antibiotics used to fight bacterial infections? If so, then antibiotics would be perfect to fight the bubonic plague. Of course, this raises the question of which antibiotics?

MIB is correct that penicillin is overused. I've often been prescribed amoxicillin, and I know that my dosage amount has to be moderately high and pills taken for a longer duration in order to fight what ails me.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Often been perscribed"

How often? How many people here manage to go entire years without touching anitbiotics?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

"It's been a while since I've taken biology but aren't antibiotics used to fight bacterial infections? If so, then antibiotics would be perfect to fight the bubonic plague."

Yes.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
How often? How many people here manage to go entire years without touching anitbiotics?

Well, I haven't taken any antibiotics since I was about 9 or 10, and I'm 16 now.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.