Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » DANGER: Cuteness alert! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: DANGER: Cuteness alert!
Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Charles and I went to see Cats&Dogs this weekend.

The movie ROCKS. It was hilarious. We were laughing all the way through. (except for one cry-y part, that I cried at, and Charles of course didn't, which soon ended and was replaced by more laughter)

You're gonna love it. I won't tell you what it's about, but if you like cats and dogs, you'll love it.

And Lee: "Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww". Charles showed me the URL yesterday, and I of course started in on him with the "I want a kitten" comment. (something i've been saying for a little over a year, I think). We're waiting until I move in here for good before we get one though.

Er. It is my suggestion that you neuter her, though. It makes female cats more friendly, AND.... well, when she goes into heat, your rug won't get messed up.

--------------------
'Your spirit will always be the light that guides me... that guides me forever...' - Whispers

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking of Cats and Dogs, is it me or are Cats portrayed to be the really bad guys and the Dogs as the really good guys?

Because I too am a Cat lover, and seeing that cats are the bad guys doesn't do to well for ..... you get the message.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that the cats would be better as the bad guys...something about cats wanting to rule the world is funny.

As far as neutering, it should be done, I have a cat that ended up getting an infection because she wasn't neutered.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, that's a bit like saying you should cut off your cat's limbs because you once had a cat who got an infection on its foot. :-)
Jubilee
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er... well, they are. But they're hilariously portrayed, and veyr true-to-life, in my opinion.

I'm a cat AND dog lover.... so I guess I didn't care who was good and who was bad. It was everything else, not the actual plot, that made the movie worthwhile.

Just go, Tahna. It's totally worth it, believe me.

--------------------
'Your spirit will always be the light that guides me... that guides me forever...' - Whispers

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Current plan is to let her have one litter - hell, she is a pedigree, and is really just borrowing those genes! - and then have her spayed. This way we can sell the kittens and probably make a profit.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh pleez, don't think of it as a profit.

And be sure to keep them up to around 10 weeks. Fun to watch them growing up.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't sell those cats ...

I got mine by adopting them from the HSBC. At the moment, they're curled up in my laundry hamper licking each other.

They're such fuzzballs.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know. At this stage it's more like keeping our options open. I suspect we'll be unable to bear to part with them. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Dani
Naboo Handmaiden
Ex-Part-Time Admin
Member # 57

- posted      Profile for Dani     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awwww, she's adorable. I tried the cat thing when I moved into my condo (because my dad didn't think ferret + new condo was a good thing), but it didn't go so well. I need to get Basil back from my mom, where he's been living for the past 6 months or so...I miss him.
Jubilee
Member # 99

That's a great idea, Lee. Just make sure you keep some rug cleaner/stain remover around then.

And kittens are such fuzzballs. I wouldn't bear to part with them either. Actually, any animal when it's young is cute. My dog had a litter of 9 puppies once (yes, _9_ puppies), and they were the most adorable things in the world! But of course no-one keeps 9 puppies. So we had to give them up.

The plus side was that I was suddenly the most popular kid in the neighborhood. Guys were standing in line to see me, and of course, my puppies.

--------------------

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Platypii look like they are babies their whole lives. Small and fuzzy, I never thought they'd be so cute until I saw them on TV. I doubt they could be succesfully domesticated, though.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a movie clip lying around and thought it prudent to put it here. It's just 1.3 mb, so it should be allright. The cat looks like Dizzy, too.

http://flareupload.hypermart.net/files/SLEEPY.mpg

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Well, that's a bit like saying you should cut off your cat's limbs because you once had a cat who got an infection on its foot. :-)

According to the vet, the infection was caused because she was not neutered.

A couple days ago my mom found a black kitten stray. We haven't decided what to do with it yet, take it to a shelter or keep it.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A cat can't get an infection just because its reproductive system is intact. If that were the case, every cat that wasn't neutered would get the same infection. Obviously, the infection was caused by something else. If it was an infection in part of the reproductive system, then, yes, it could have been prevented by neutering. But that doesn't mean non-neutering will guarantee the infection to happen.
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps