Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » More cult fun (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: More cult fun
The Talented Mr. Gurgeh
Member # 318

- posted      Profile for The Talented Mr. Gurgeh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
List of Cult sites.

Note that our old friend from Timecube gets an honourable mention.

I stumbled upon this site after running a search for info on the Raelian cult, having heard that one of their members is appearing before a panel with that Italian guy who wants to clone humans. The members of the Raelian cult believe cloning is necessary for "eternal life".

--------------------
"Out of doubt, out of dark to the day's rising
I came singing in the sun, sword unsheathing.
To hope's end I rode and to heart's breaking:
Now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall!"

The Battle of the Pelennor Fields.

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh look, the site has the Viridians in it... maybe Picard shouldn't have saved the planetary system back in Generations.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder.... if my mother's cult had a website.. would it get a mention?

--------------------
'Your spirit will always be the light that guides me... that guides me forever...' - Whispers

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er...that's a pretty flawed list. The Viridian movement isn't a cult. It's a design philosophy organized by Bruce Sterling. Green, but, like, techno-green. They don't want to stop inventing things. They just think it would be a good idea if we burnt less stuff.

Anyway, I give that list a C for effort, but a D- overall.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I wonder.... if my mother's cult had a website.. would it get a mention?"

You don't want to misread that line.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Liam, for putting that image in my mind...
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn, beaten to the cunt joke! B(

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cunt joke? I was misreading it as "I wonder.... if my BRother's cult had a website.. would it get a mention?"

You wouldn't want to misread it, because I don't think that Steph has a brother. And it would cause confusion. You see.

Dirty man.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, more incentive for me to finally make "The First Church of Hugo the Divine Eternal Wombat" a reality.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Ah, more incentive for me to finally make "The First Church of Hugo the Divine Eternal Wombat" a reality.

Did you, or anyone you know, ever go to camp in West Virginia, in your high school days?

Wombalations!

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't misread it, although I did have to read it a few times to make sure I was hearing Jubes right and her mother did indeed have a cult, which she does.

--------------------
It takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. It only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and smack someone upside the head.

Obi Juan
Who's your master?
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for Obi Juan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do we have to shave our heads to join?

--------------------
"Existence is random. Has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it too long. No meaning save what we choose to impose. This rudderless world is not shaped by vague metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It?s us. Only us."
Rorschach

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope, groinshave though!

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, The First Church of Hugo the Divine Eternal Wombat has no connection to West Virginia that I am aware of.

Here's how I came up with it:

My friend had a cool T-shirt with "Platypus Mosh" on it. (With a moshing platypus, of course)

I had just watched "Mortal Kombat."

Suddenly Illuminated by divine wisdom, I put Australian marsupial together with martial arts and came up with "Mortal Wombat"...

which I then was instructed to modify to "Immortal Wombat...

And once the revalation that I was meant to form a new, better religion came about, I rebuilt the concept as Hugo, the Divine Eternal Wombat, Creator and Teacher Of Us All, If Only We'd Listen.

Hugo is still revealing his will to me, so I haven't codified his Bibble yet, but I'm working on it. Command #65 is "Your bedroom is your business, not mine or anybody else's."

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Far be it from me, a lowly mortal, to question the will of Hugo, the Immortal Wombat, Creator and Teacher of Us All If Only We'd Listen, but shoudldn't that command be number 69?

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.