Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Wallowing (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Wallowing
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today is my ex-girlfriend's birthday. She's out celebrating. Without me. In Atlanta.

She was supposed to have moved in yesterday. We were supposed to be together, today & forever.

Instead, the girl I came to PA over is moving in on Wednesday with her girlfriend.

I'm listening to Jeff Buckley a lot & feeling like shit. Maybe I'll finish the other half of that $50 bottle of scotch.

I miss her. A lot. And Jeff's music isn't helping. Neither is Jeff himself; I wish he'd leave me alone & go back to bother Kim.

I'm rambling on a public board. Far out. And for my final act of server space wasteage...

"This is our last goodbye
 I hate to feel the love between us die
 But it's over
 Just hear this and then I'll go
 You gave me more to live for
 More than you'll ever know

This is our last embrace
 Must I dream and always see your face
 Why can't we overcome this wall
 Well, maybe it's just because I didn't know you at all

Kiss me, please kiss me
 But kiss me out of desire, babe, and not consolation
 You know it makes me so angry 'cause I know that in time
 I'll only make you cry, this is our last goodbye

Did you say "no, this can't happen to me,"
 And did you rush to the phone to call
 Was there a voice unkind in the back of your mind
 Saying maybe you didn't know him at all
 You didn't know him at all, oh, you didn't know

Well, the bells out in the church tower chime
 Burning clues into this heart of mine
 Thinking so hard on her soft eyes and the memories
 Offer signs that it's over... it's over"
          --"Last Goodbye," Jeff Buckley

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm truly sorry about this, Shik. You have my sincerest sympathies.

It'll probably be good to spend the night alone with the Scotch. Just hide the car keys and any and all sharp instruments. Spend the time alone to reflect and face the depressing thoughts head-on. In the morning, things will hopefully look better. Try and remember, though, that things will get better.

Also try and remember that you're in good company here.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn that bites. The whole thing bites. Get drunk, wake up with a hangover, then pass out again or get drunk and passout and hope you can make yourself forget.

--------------------
It takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. It only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and smack someone upside the head.

BlueElectron
Member # 281

- posted      Profile for BlueElectron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel sorry for you man...

But no offense, your personal love history shouldn't be made public like this...

Just like our old Chinese saying:
"Family shame should be kept inside the household."

--------------------
"George Washington said, 'I cannot tell a lie.'
Richard Nixon said, 'I cannot tell the truth.'
Bill Clinton said, 'I cannot tell the difference.'"

-- comedian TOM SMOTHERS, from his latest stage act with brother DICK SMOTHERS.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fuck YOU. I'll make what I want public WHEN I want.

I feel like shit. Other people have felt like shit for similar reasons. Right now, I am ALONE. At the one point when I REALLY NEED PEOPLE NEAR ME...there is NO ONE.

I consider most of the people here to be various stages of friends & acquaintances...even Omega. This is what people do.

As a muse, I do so much for mundanes. The least the mundanes could do is give back once in a while. (Not to say you're all mundanes...you're not. But...never mind. Yeah. Werd.)

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I feel sorry for you man...
But no offense, your personal love history shouldn't be made public like this...

Idiot.

If Shik came on line and talked about how many times he made his girlfriend come, or about what positions they liked to have sex in, what toys they liked to use and where, or whatnot, you might have a valid arguement, since, I mean, who really wants to know details like that ... ?

But this is quite clearly different. What's the matter? Don't you have any friends who just talk?

I'm with Siggy, Shik. Hide the keys, get plastered.

...And make sure you know where the aspirin is in the morning.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to disagree, Blue Electron. Sometimes venting your frustrations onto a message board can be very therapeutic. Especially when you've developed online friendships with the people on the board like Shik and so many of us have, you can feel comfortable doing so. There's also the quality of this being similar to opening your window screaming at the world.

I've allowed bits of my love life to spill onto these forums, and it's caused no harm other than to make people think that I actually use some of the pickup lines I claim to use. Or vice versa. And truth be told, I feel reasonably comfortable in coming here and complaining about some of the raw deals life has dealt me recently. I haven't done so yet because I don't the therapeutic benefits in my cases would be that great.

And if you do decide to go away and pour your troubles into a glass, my friend gave me some advice for avoiding terrible hangovers: drink lots of water. Hangovers occur as a result of dehydration, so drinking water help you when the morning comes. Of course, he is a physicist and not a chemist or biologist, so he may be wrong. Or he may have been pulling my leg.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Shik
Member # 343

Takk, guys...

I didn't drink. I watched "Blade Runner"...slept...cried...listened to Jeff really loudly. Watched "Samurai Jack." (GREAT show! WOW!) Unfortunately, my server's been down all day--the one day I really needed my blog & it's inaccessible.

Things'll get a little better on Wednesday when Rykja & Jenova move in. Being with the girls will help a lot.

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"my friend gave me some advice for avoiding terrible hangovers: drink lots of water. Hangovers occur as a result of dehydration, so drinking water help you when the morning comes."

I have yet to meet someone who drinks who doesn't know this Sieggy. As advice, it's roughly on the same level as saying "car accidents happen when your car hits something that it's not suppossed to. So, as advice, try to move the stearing wheel so that you don't hit anything."

Hangovers are also partly due to the toxins that come from your body trying to break down the alcohol. Taking some vitamin C (orange or something), before you go to sleep often helps.

I'm slightly confused by the "you're not ALL mundanes" thing Shik, but it's probably jealousy over you getting to see Samurai Jack. Bastard.

[ August 12, 2001: Message edited by: PsyLiam ]

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

Well, then, you just meet your first, Liam. I did not know this when I started drinking. And, no one else bothered to tell me. So there!

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No-one told me, either.

Then again, I usually don't get hangovers.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did the pamphlet that contained "drinking dehydrates you", "drink socially, not on your own", and "don't attempt to drive if you can't see more than 5 feet" not get to your country? You're all useless. All of you.

You do know that not eating leads you to getting drunk quicker, don't you?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

Yes, Liam, all of the above pamphlets were handed out to us in school. We also got The American's Guide to Pissing Off Canada, How We Beat England's Ass in Soccer, and Running With Scissors: A Guide to Things That Only Communists Do.

However, in the midst of the societal propaganda drive, the Drinking Dehydrates You got bumped in favor of the USA Rulz Yo' Mama pamphlet on incestuous relationships and how they benefit society. So, as you can see, we just didn't get that one pamphlet.

--------------------

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps i've missed alot, but what was your girlfriend like Shik, and why was she in Atlanta?
Shik
Member # 343

She lives in Atlanta. That's why she was there.

As for "what was she like"...how do you mean?

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps