Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » So, How's Everyone Doing? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: So, How's Everyone Doing?
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha! That's a pithy schedule. You can tell you're aiming for your BA or something simple...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take two classes (minimum) each summer, not to mention a class during winter 'mester. I'd rather be in school year round then overload myself any one semester.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've gone to Ikea 4 times in the past three weeks. Basically I have a set of Ivar shelf components, we worked out they'd go in the lounge/dining area really nicely if we got some corner units. Then we bought a six-seater corner sofa, a chest of drawers, went back to get bedside tables that matched the chest only to find they'd been discontinued, then to find that they had in fact been rebranded as home office furniture (so bought them anyway). . . ENOUGH BLOODY SWEDISH FURNITURE!!!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I say, deliver me from clever art! I say, deliver me from Swedish FURNITURE!!" --Tyler Durden

No IKEA in my house. Or Martha Stewart.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-Contact, Sir! Enemy infidel ahead, bearing 005!
-Very well, Mr Hornswoggle. You may activate the "Crazy Ivar" device.
-Point blank, Sir?
-We don't have the luxury of choosing our targets, as well you know.
-Aye, Sir! Ensign Biff, activate "Crazy Ivar" on my mark...Mark!
*BoingBoingBoing*

[ August 23, 2001: Message edited by: Nimrod ]

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Swedish furniture.

Except for the table I'm using as a computer desk. Time to find a nice, modern corner unit ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are no Ikeas in Canada... At least, not in the Maritimes. I would have seen one by now...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, corner units. They don't do any TV-stand corner units. It's very annoying.

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Well, they do ... sort of. I've got a nice little two-shelf TV stand I've got in the corner.

Actually, the desk I want is at Office Depot ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Lee
Member # 393

Well, it's a very small corner, so one that's actually corner-shaped would be useful. Anyway, we now have Sky Digital. Shame the bloody digibox doesn't recognise the model of my girlfriend's crummy TV, and won't take over volume and on/off functions. . .

--------------------

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chris: There most certainly is IKEA in Canada, but alas, no stores east of Montreal.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps