Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Who is Attacking Afghanistan? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Who is Attacking Afghanistan?
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who is attacking Kabul, Afghanistan?

It's being bombed, missiles are flying ... what the heck is going on over there? Did Israel decide to attack? Did we?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, there are reports of explosions.

Stop jumping to fucking conclusions, people.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's on CNN. There are what are being reported as "missile trails" in the sky. Ok, maybe I'm jumping to conclusions, granted ... but this is one heck of a coincidence.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm watching it too. What is going on?

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Orrin Hatch is on TV and pretty much saying it's not the U.S. Apparently there's a Civil War in Afghanistan? Could be part of that.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Obese Penguin
Doomsayer
Member # 271

- posted      Profile for Obese Penguin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Afghanistan is indeed in a state of Civil War , the Taliban is by all means not the undisputed ruling party.

Just a few weeks ago the leader of the Counter Taliban regieme was targeted by suicide bombers according to Dan Rather.

AS OF 6:13 pm ET THE REPORTS OF MISSILE ATTACKS ON AFGHANISTAN ARE UNCONFIRMED.

All that is known is that there have been explosions and there is footage of a huge Fire in Kabal.

Sorry for the Caps , just making sure we dont end up with rumors like the Camp David / Air Force Shootdown ones.

I suggest you watch CBS News , Dan Rather is doing a bang up job not jumping to conclusions.

--------------------
My Mother never found the irony in calling me a son of a bitch

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Those "conclusions" I listed were coming from a CNN corespondant in Kabul.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Obese Penguin
Doomsayer
Member # 271

- posted      Profile for Obese Penguin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And as I was typing that ...

CBS Reports an unidentified US Official reports the Missile attack is False and that this may be the actions of the counter Taliban faction.

Its not quite a confirmation , but I dont think the US would strike back this early.

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

No, I don't think its the US either.

Then again, it could very well be Israel, a sympathetic Arab nation, or someone else. Kabul is on fire, something IS going on there.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Obese Penguin
Doomsayer
Member # 271

Hmm , Dept of Defence is holding a Press meeting , Very interesting comments from the Senator and General Shelton.

UPDATE : Defence Dept has Confirmed that the US has "nothing to do" with explosions in Afghanistan.

[ September 11, 2001: Message edited by: Obese Penguin ]

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

I don't think anyone actually expects the U.S. to be retaliating this quickly.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Okay, the opposition force in Afghanistan has claimed responsibility for the attack on Kabul. They say they plan more attacks in the future.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Obese Penguin
Doomsayer
Member # 271

Does anybody see this turning into a US backed revolution in Afghanistan?

--------------------

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Holbrook got a bit scary on CNN. About any country sheltering any involved terrorists, he said "If you're not with us, you're against us". If they don't give up any involved terrorists there'll be war. The reporter claimed he didn't have full support in that view. although I understand the hard policy.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The people who are claiming responsiblity for the explosions in Kabul - the captial of Afghanistan, are the Northern Alliance. They control the northern part of Afghanistan, and are opposed to the Taliban.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps