Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Just for fun (LEGO) ... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Just for fun (LEGO) ...
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
... let's assume ...

You find out that in one year, you will be turned into a scale LEGO person (along with anyone else you choose), and you and those persons you bring along will crew a Lego starship that you have one year to build. Money (and parts, for that matter) is no object, so you can build as big (or as small) a ship as you want.

Obviously, there will be some "leaps" of imagination involved. The Lego ships will be sealed against the vacuum, but if you build in air-locks or shuttle-bays (etc.), containment fields will work as expected. Lego computer panels will work as expected. So on, and so on.

How big will your ship be? Who will you bring along, and why? What will your ship have on it?

I'd try to build, eh, maybe ten feet long, three feet wide (at widest point), and about four feet tall. Sort of submarine-likish, with the sort of conning-tower structure you'd see on a surface warship.

The crew of this ship would probably number about 100 or so ... the ship would contain a full library (real books, not computer discs), a movie theater, gymnasium, rec-room (bar, pool table ...), defensive systems (torpedo tubes, fore and aft and port and starboard; and ship-to-ship weapons), a shuttlebay, and escape pods on each deck. Probably a pool, too. Each crewmember would have their own stateroom and bathroom ... a full service medical facility ... working turbolifts ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh man. That situation you discribed would be so kick ass. I'd pretty much have everything you described on your ship, but I would also add a huge observation room, and the bridge would be highly expansive. My ship will be triangular shaped. It would be about 10 to 12 feet long, 4 or 5 feet wide and it would have at LEAST 2 or 3 decks. Of coarse, I would install some bad ass looking warp nacelles too. I would also add on some weapons systems in case we ran into unfreindly aliens and some impulse engines. The weapons would be turret mounted plasma cannons and missle launchers with a large compliment of missles. Maybe 2 or 3 hundred. *sigh* You, Mr. Snay, have just described heaven. Getting to build the lego ship of your dreams and using it to explore the cosmos.

[ October 10, 2001: Message edited by: MIB ]

IP: Logged
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or just go around and blow shit up with ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

MIB
Ex-Member

Exactly!
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

How many people would you take with you? What else would you do? I'd put in a hanger deck -- a few shuttles, maybe a runabout of some sort, maybe a few defensive fighters ...

All rooms and corridors would be able to be sealed off by air-lock doors. Cool stuff like that.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

MIB
Ex-Member

Well. You're gonna need alot of room for the crew quarters alone. You will also need recreational facilities, weapons systems, engine systems, life support so I'd say only about 70 or 80. After all, we need crew effenciency at a maximum. You can't have them bunched up with 3 or 4 others in a 7 by 7 foot room like those 20th century submarines. JEFFERYS TUBES! I'd add Jefferys tubes as well! A hangar bay would be a must have. hmmmmm. Oh. And we will probably need a brig and some point. We would also need plent of cargo room.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And take the boy hair off any crewmember, put girl hair on and have some fun!

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Riiiiiiight.

Yes, certainly plenty of cargo space -- foodstuffs, equipment, replacement parts ...

Everyone onboard would need to be trained to fulfill some duty or another, and you'd be looking at three or four shifts of at least 20 people each ... flight (helm, nav), security, etc ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

MIB
Ex-Member

Yes. How about adding some science facilities as well. Let's have a mini-Dexter's Lab thing going. oh! Maybe an astometrics room too.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

quote:
Let's have a mini-Dexter's Lab thing going

A which ... ?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

MIB
Ex-Member

I don't understand your question. Eventhough I can't have a ship and a star to stear her by, I am currently constructing my very first lego building. It's going to be a small intelligence building. I don't know if you have ever seen picture of Bricktopia. If you haven't, I can direct you to the website. It's a lego city that is huge, detailed, and gorgeous! It inspired me to starn my own Bricktopia, only this time, I'm calling it Lego'opolis. My first building is gonna kick ass. It will be Lego'opolis' firs building and the first building I've ever built. Before this, I've only been into starships and small fighters.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would put down the bong.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

That's nice, Sol. Let your imagination fly.

MIB, what's the link ... ?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Polis" means "city". The extra 'o' is unnecessary. "Legopolis" would mean "Lego city". Just for your edification. :-)
MIB
Ex-Member

To Jeff: Here. http://members.home.net/hmltn1/topia/topia.htm I want a bricktopia of my own now. My favorite building is the Octan company HQ.

To TSN: I know, but when you say 'Legopolis,' it sounds like LEG-opolis. Say it. Hear for yourself.

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps