Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Just for fun (LEGO) ... (Page 6)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Just for fun (LEGO) ...
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a guy who done some work in Lego artistry. He doesn't have anything on starships and the like, but has built some mosaics and models and furniture with Legos.

Eric Harshbarger's LEGO Pages

The piece that he's done that I'm absolutely in love with is this fully functional Grandfather Clock constructed entirely out of Lego blocks.

The LEGO Grandfather Clock

However, I am quite partial to his recreation of a Lego R2-D2.

The LEGO R2-D2

[ October 24, 2001: Message edited by: Siegfried ]

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love his site. I'd someday like to do a model of a Lego Star Wars X-Wing pilot on the scale of his Lego knight. And, to end the debate, from the above linked page:

Which is correct as the plural of LEGO: 'Lego' or 'Legos'?

Neither, actually. The word 'LEGO', when used as a noun, should only refer to the company that makes the product. Otherwise 'LEGO' is supposed to be used as an adjective. Thus, when referring to the pieces, neither 'lego' nor 'legos' is correct... rather one should say: 'LEGO bricks' or 'LEGO pieces' or whatever (using LEGO as an adjective -- and one should really capitalize all of the letters, and put the little 'circle-R' symbol after it (�)). This is all a matter of protecting the trademark of 'LEGO' for the company (using it otherwise degenerates the strength of the trademark). This is not to say that I use the word correctly 100% of the time... but that's the answer to the question (it's always fun/painful to read the near-flame-wars that start at slashdot.org over this topic... and generally, both sides are wrong).

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Legos

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lego must've made this with ME in mind!

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A tribute to Mr. Snay!!!! By the way. Someone bid on my auctions on ebay!!! Sorry about the mindless plug.
IP: Logged
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hot-damn! Alright, that's it - I'm going to dive into my attic and dig up every last brick I can find. Time to relive some old memories.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Next time you're in town for Shore Leave Mojo, you should swing by and see what will be by then a minifig-scale space cruiser ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think from now on, I'll write the plural w/ an apostrophe: "Lego's". That way, I can claim it's a contraction of "Lego [brick]s".
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps