Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Why MCI-WorldCom Is The Shittiest Cell Phone Company

Author Topic: Why MCI-WorldCom Is The Shittiest Cell Phone Company
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got a cell phone LAST November. I paid $100 for it.

All was good. Until I got my first bill.

Want to know why?

I got my first bill in July.

I got my phone in November. I got my bill in July. That's nine months. Nine months at $40 a month. That's a bill of $360.

I had made attempts to contact WorldCom about my billing problem, no luck, of course.

So, I did the only thing I could afford to do. I sent them a $100 payment in July, August, and September.

I was getting caught up, too. I owed maybe $180 after I sent in my check in September.

Then they cut off my service in mid-September (the day after they put my check to them through the bank).

I called them about three weeks ago, and spoke to some customer service goons. I made a payment over the phone, and was promised my cell phone would be working in 24-48 hours. That was on a Saturday. By the following Thursday, I'd been given six promises ("it'll be working...") and gotten two new phone numbers for my same, damn phone. I should mention that each time I called, I had to give them my new address ... apparently, their computer system is too stupid to save information.

It is three weeks later, my phone still does not work. I have sent two letters to their customer service VP, and my most recent calls are blocked by a messenger service that says "We're too busy to talk with you, fuck off, okay?"

Thankfully, my service with them ends at the end of this month. Tomorrow, I'm going to Verizon and getting a new service plan for my phone. I have no intention of paying my September, October, or November bills to WorldCom. In fact, if they don't start answering my calls and responding to my letters, I'm not going to pay them anything at all.

Don't get MCI. They're a bunch of stupid fucks who don't know how to run a business.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, it's okay. Don't comment on what idiots they are. Really, I understand.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe nobody else has had the 'pleasure' of dealing with them?

But alright, I think they're idiots. That make you feel better?

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup.

Out of curiousity, what are popular mobile phones in the US? Does Nokia have the same dominant market penetration that it does over here?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nokia is up there, but so is Motorola and Ericsson.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

MCI = suck

Maybe the terrorists will blow them up for their next attack.

That wasn't nice to say.

Dammit.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Y'KNOW...my father was for many years a senior systems administrator at MCI's Ryebrook, NY HQ complex. Perhaps if I can pump him for building layout information, you can have a CS map coded up for your personal usage.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now Tom, you're Canadian. You're not from the US, much as you'd like to be. It's a pain you're going to get over.

So what mobile has everyone got then (and does Canada/Australia say "mobile" or "cell phone")? I've still got the Nokia 3210 that I got after having my previous phone stolen. And that was 3 months after I'd lost the one before that. It's okay. And my excuse for not getting a newer one is a deep, deep hatred of Snake 2.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Jack_Crusher
Member # 696

- posted      Profile for Jack_Crusher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now Bellsouth, they are a shitty ISP. I am using DSL from them, and the service is usually either totally down, slow, or the modem needs to be restarted to keep the service working. And their customer support/ tech support are unknowledgeable assholes.

--------------------
Fry- How will we get out of this?
George Takei's head- Maybe we can use some kind of auto-destruct code like one-A, two-B, three-C...
(Bender's head blows up)
Bender- Now everybody knows!
-Futurama's obligatory Star Trek episode

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Commonly used Cellphone Makes in Toronto:

5) Samsung
4) Sanyo
3) Motorola
2) Ericcson
1) Nokia

I have a Panasonic. $60/Month for unlimited weeknights and weekends, 200 everyday minutes. Voicemail, but no call Display.

It's what I need since I'm living alone and don't have my own phone line ATM.

[ November 05, 2001: Message edited by: Tahna Los ]

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps