Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Massive Star Trek auction on Ebay

Author Topic: Massive Star Trek auction on Ebay
Dani
Naboo Handmaiden
Ex-Part-Time Admin
Member # 57

- posted      Profile for Dani     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thought this was kind of interesting...though I doubt anyone has 30k to blow, but hey...who knows.

Star Trek Live Auction

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ayeeee!

Why anyone would pay $15k for even a filming model of the Enterprise, I don't know ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm wondering why I've never heard anything about this 'third' Enterprise. I know of 'The Cage' Enterprise, which was used for that episode, and (theoretically) then the shows first publicity shots (with Shatner holding it!), and then the larger 'Smithsonian' Enterprise, which I have studied the history of for the reason of determining the Enterprise's original design features vs. revisionist remodelings (like the 70s era gridlines).

Maybe this is the model that was being held in the shots, or on the table in 'Requiem for Methuselah' but i doubt it was ever a 'space scene'

How do we determine the authenticity?

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oooh ... anyone got better pics of the scale model of the soundstage?

And does one exist for TNG or DS9?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps