my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » 38 Years Ago

Author Topic: 38 Years Ago
Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, guess what happened 38 years ago in Dallas...

Just for a bit of fun, go here at 12:30 (Central Time). It's a live camera view of the sixth floor of the Texas Book Depository, where JFK was allegedly shot from by Lee Harvey Oswald. It will be kind of weird seeing that square on the exact moment of the 38th anniversary of the shooting.

--------------------
Meh

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny, I just happen to click on this post at 12:32 CST...

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Veers
You first
Member # 661

Oh well, the time is over. I was on the site, and they had no spectacular display for me. I did get an interesting look at Dallas life, and some cars who might not've known they were driving in the exact same spot at the exact same time where one of our presidents was shot.

--------------------
Meh

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What did you expect? Everyone to get out of their cars and sob uncontrollably at how someone brutally murdered the President on that spot exactly 38 years earlier? Or fireworks to celebrate the fact that some guy wasted the fucker? Either way, it doesn't really matter does it?
Veers
You first
Member # 661

Well, it was pretty cool being (looking)at that exact spot and time that it happened, 38 years later.

--------------------
Meh

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reminds me of what the late, great comedian Bill Hicks said: "I was just down in Dallas, Texas. You know you can go down there and to Dealey Plaza where Kennedy was assassinated. And you can actually go to the sixth floor of the Schoolbook Depository. It's a museum called. . . 'The Assassination Museum'. I think they named that after the assassination. I can't be too sure of the chronology here but. . . Anyway they have the window set up to look exactly like it did on that day. And it's really accurate, you know, 'cos Oswald's not in it."

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Veers
You first
Member # 661

Heh heh.

--------------------
Meh

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.