Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Why Star Trek actors are smarter... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Why Star Trek actors are smarter...
USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone watching the "Weakest Link: Star Trek edition"?

Geordi and the Doc are really kickin ass. Once they got rid of shatner it was all smooth running.

--------------------
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger,
Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die."-Mel Brooks

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What? There are Star Trek actors on the The Weakest Link? Huh, I don't remember hearing anything about that. So who all was on this episode and how did they each do? And what sort of insults was Annie-kins tossing around?

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They were all "unusually" good, i mean for actors. Except for shatner.

Let's see, wesley was there (he was last to go before the final 2)
Quark, Tasha, Torres, Shatner, Q, Doc, and Geordi.

Either way, they got a record bank roll of about $160k. quite impressive.

Surprises were Wil Wheaten, who was really good and the last to get kicked out before the final two of Picardo and LeVar Burton. Q was the first kicked out, Armin Shimmerman was quite good, and Shatner frenched Anne. bleach (for Anne).

[ November 26, 2001: Message edited by: USS Vanguard ]

--------------------

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I watched it, turned it on after deLancie was out.

LeVar Burton won, winning $167,500 for charity (A Weakest Link record winnings). They did indeed all seem extremely smart!

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So much for Blue E's theory that Trek actors were dumb.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Antagonist
Member # 484

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To say that all Trek actors, or even actors in general, are dumb, is a dangerous generalization.

I don't have any first hand knowledge to back up what i am about to say, but I dare to go as far as saying that many "model" type actors (you know the type, all looks, all glamor) are probably less educated than others. Too bad, really. Then agian, nothing compares to shattering a little 14-year old girls fantasies to hear that her favorite backstreet boy is as stupid as a bag of rusty nails.

--------------------
Move .sig!!

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

Well let's just say compared to some other "celebrity" (Screech from Saved by the Bell?) editions of weakest link, the star trek one was a bunch of geniuses.

But, you are right, there are plenty o actors and actresses out there who are very very smart. And there are plenty who are dumb monkeys too.

[ November 26, 2001: Message edited by: USS Vanguard ]

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dustin Diamond was on the Weakest Link?

Well, I suppose it'll pay for this months rent.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
600!?! 600? C'mon LeVar.

No but that was great. Those guys were on. Shatner was charming, and he wasn't that bad, he just no Picardo. Speaking of which, that would have been interesting...

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find it interesting that most everyone here refered all the actors to their cast names, but William Shatner, everyone just called him "Shatner."

--------------------
The Legend of Jeff Raven: As told by himself

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'm glad it will rerun this Sunday night for me. I slept right through it. So LeVar won...hmmm I guess it does take smarts to host Reading Rainbow.

Oh, and Vanguard...don't insult the monkeys...

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Feels sorry for Bill*

Yeah, I know he was probably a tosser for most of the 70s and 80s. But I think in recent years he's come to realise that, and has made an effort to make himself a nicer person. He's gone from the "Trekkies should get a life" position to sending himself up on The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and that film whose name escapes me. I think he's probably an okay sort of bloke now.

Next week: Liam defends Mark Hamill.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that "Boyish Good Looks Mark Hamill" or "My Facelift's Melting Off My Skull Mark Hamill?"

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That Free Enterprise film, where he played an actor who played all parts in a Shakespearian play?

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
..he played an actor..
He played an actor named William Shatner

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps