Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » My Heart or my Wallet? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: My Heart or my Wallet?
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ee-yep, things are a bit tough in the IT industry at the moment. That does not inspire much hope in me since my major is MIS, and I'm graduating in another year. Hopefully, things will begin picking up before this year is out.

My advice depends on the current state of your finances. If you have a reasonable amount saved to live on, you can take your time in finding a job in your field or near-enough your field that you can switch over quickly. If you're finances are strained, take the best job that you can get. As has been said earlier, you're young enough that you have the luxury of a short lull between leaving school and getting work in your field of expertise. But if you can wait and see if something comes along that is in your field, do that. You'll enjoy the job much better and life with a bit brighter.

As a side note that seems to be irrelevant now, there's not much harm in working for the same company as your girlfriend as long as y'all are in separate offices or departments. It's only having to work together or work for her or her work under you that tension can build up.

Good luck with the job hunt, Tahna Los. [Smile]

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps