Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » In Celebration of Another Semester Down...

Author Topic: In Celebration of Another Semester Down...
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...with only two semesters left to go. ::crosses fingers and prays to Willy Wonka::

In about twelve hours, the Fall 2001 semester will come to a close here. I eagerly anticipate being freed from the shackles of academia to pursue my own interests. I'll finally have the time I need to do the stuff I want to do: write, compose, spruce up the ol' home page, earn money, practice mixology, travel, and maybe woo that girl I've been interested in since summer.

It's been an interesting semester, I'll give it that. When it comes to my school, I think the theme for the semester would "The Attack of the Whores." Yep. Whores. All of them. From the housing department to the bursar's office: thanks for giving me migraines. At least they can't hurt me again until January.

Outside of school, things have been good. I found steady and good employment (even if it's only part-time). My cousin got married, and my other cousin had his first child born. My sister is doing awesome at the school she transferred to. Things are generally good.

So, for all the Forumites that are in school (of any type), how have your semesters/trimesters/quarters been and what's on your schedule for the Winter Break?

[ December 10, 2001: Message edited by: Siegfried ]

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Work. Play. Dreading spring

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lets see...

In about twenty-four hours I will be home for the first time since August. I will see my cats again and be able to drive my car again. The first week I'm home is before any of my other high school friends are, so I plan to spend most of that time calling old flames to keep busy those nights.

Second week I'm home, my friends will be as well and I plan to get rip-roaring drunk with them whenever possible and do all the old shit we used to do in high school (stand around in parking lots, race, and stand around by a lake. Oh, and play pool).

Third week I'll be in Utah, hopefully, if the Mars Society can pull its act together in time; hammering and nailing shit together in the middle of bumblefuck. Otherwise, I'll be doing the same as Week 2, with what promises to be a kick ass party in North Jersey on New Year's Eve. But most likely I'll be in Utah.

Then its back here for Semester 2. One down, 9-10 to go. And as for semester one, ya...A little tip, kiddies. Don't blow off any class you have, even if you've taken the fucker twice before. I had my first, only, and last exam today, that would be the one for the class which I am failing. My academic advisor said if I did well enough, then I could take it again next semester simoultanously with Calc I and Physics I. If I'm lucky, I got a B on the final. We'll see. This would also be the reason why my car isn't joining me for the Spring Semester.
But regardless, in now less than twenty-four hours, I will be home.

[ December 11, 2001: Message edited by: OnToMars ]

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I could write a rather lengthy reply, but I think I can sum up my schedule rather nicely in a few short sentences:

Sex.*
Quality-Time with Family.
Rest, Relaxation, Recreation.
Beer, Beer, Beer.
Skiing Holiday.
Sex.*

Last semester has gone pretty well (all things considered)... hopefully that trend will continue Landed myself a new job, too. Life is quite good.

* Disclaimer applies.

[ December 11, 2001: Message edited by: Cartman ]

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let me see, my Fall semester will end this Saturday for me...damn I hate business calculus!!!

As for what I will do after I finish for the year... I believe I will get laid, go clubbing, get action, drink smirnoff and smirnoff ice, get screwed, play computer games, get shagged, go to the gym... just basically dick around til next semester where I have to get serious again.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, let's see. I have another week and a bit left of school before Christmas break. Then it's back to school after two weeks to cram the last bit out of my courses before exams.

I got my schedule changed today, to replace the blank spot in period 3. Now I don't know whether I want to take Chem AP or not...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Antagonist
Member # 484

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*sigh* Why is it I have the sudden urge to hear 'School's out' by Alice Cooper??

Anyways, no drinkin' or shaggin' here. Well, maybe for New Years. Drinkin' definately, shaggin' maybe. Hopefully. Pray for me, mates. I'll do the same for you.

--------------------
Move .sig!!

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's see...great semester that I had. Not so happy to see it end...however happy that college for me is almost over...happy that I'll finally get my BA is history...not so happy that I'll need to get a job that allows for a history background...not so happy that it's hard to do...so it's really mixed feelings.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looks like a lot of people here are going to be releasing their pent up sexual energy. I hope to hell that none of y'all live near me.

Jeff: You forgot thinning out the herd of deer roaming Maryland.

OnToMars: Did your parents relent and allow to go to the Mars program? That's pretty great! Good luck with the classes. At least you've learned that little tip earlier in college than I did.

Cartman: New jobs that we like are pretty sweet, aren't they? And that reminds me. I get paid tomorrow! Yes! Money in the bank account!

Michael: Business calculus truly does suck. I had to take it last Fall. I actually did pretty well, considering I hate math and bombed Calculus I back in high school. I guess it helps that my professor was a doctoral student with great teaching skills. Oh, yeah, and being incredibly sexy helped my attention, too.

Topher: I'd go with Chemistry AP only if you really like the subject. It doesn't have much to do with your intended college major, so it's not like it's of vital importance to take it. I opted to take Physics II AP my senior year in high school simply because I liked the subject and liked the teacher (and it had nothing to do with what I wanted to major in: music education).

Antagonist: I'll be praying for you. Have fun.

Dat: Sounds like you're going to be busy looking for a job this winter. Good luck on the job hunt. I'm sure something will come up that will allow you use your knowledge of history (without having to join the history faculty of your college). Of course, if teaching history is something you would like, go for it. Sorry, not much advice on that.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps