Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » OMFG! YES! YES!! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: OMFG! YES! YES!!
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*calms down only slightly*

I just got a call from California University of Pennsylvania!

That job I applied for two months ago... that I'd given up hope of getting...?

THEY WANT ME!

Starting salary 8K more than I'm making now!
Medical benefits!
Collective bargaining!
2 raises a year after the first year guaranteed!
I can start in a month!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAA!!

One more small step on my road to Dicatorship.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats. Though this means that uber-BookWurm-dom is now within your grasp... bad news for all of us.
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
:::smiles lightly::: You're welcome.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm creating a resistance faction. Who's with me?

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm with you. First of Two will never... wait...

California University of Pennsylvania ? Is there some new state or something?

--------------------
Meh

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well both states are fucked up.

Califonria is well...California.

And Pennsylvania has a quaint little town tucked away in the Appalachians called "Jersey Shore"

Go figure.

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm. Maybe I can apply for the Wisconsin Univeristy of Pennsylvania!

--------------------
Meh

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats First of Two. If you need any campaign contributions, as a private citizen I will gladly donate.

So long as you make me your education dept. secretary.

--------------------
The Legend of Jeff Raven: As told by himself

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pennsylvania likes naming towns after other states. California & Indiana (the towns) have univerisities. Indiana University of Pennsylvania had a Playboy Playmate about 2 months ago, Lindsey Vuolo.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, and if you look closely at a map, you can find an island group named after me in the Indian Ocean... off the Seychelles... a perfect place for my Den of Iniquity.
http://www.1uptravel.com/worldmaps/seychelles5.html

And an old Warship...
http://users.erols.com/plhuggins/danfs.html

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's great. I need to find another job too. Who knows, maybe there is a Pennsylvania University out here in California. [Smile]
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, there used to be an island named "Nix", too. Well, "Nix's Mate", actually. Some pirate named Nix hanged his first mate there, or something. I dunno. The island doesn't even exist anymore. AFAIK, the guy wasn't even related to me.
Shik
Member # 343

Whilst I have a Caribbean island, a university, a chain of churches & cathedrals, & 2 major Canadian cities (one of which is a provincial capital) bearing my name. Among other things. Yee.

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a Miami University in Ohio, I believe. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Hey, there used to be an island named "Nix", too. Well, "Nix's Mate", actually. Some pirate named Nix hanged his first mate there, or something. I dunno."

Don't worry Tim. I don't think that anyone was going to leap to the conclusion that a "Nix" ever had a friend.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps