Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » OMFG! YES! YES!! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: OMFG! YES! YES!!
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Firsty, hope it works out well!!

Whhn you become Dictator, I'd like control of West Virginia, and Virginia. Let me know who you want shot.

[Cool]

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shik's name is St. John?
Odd. Quirky. Cool-in-a-Bronte-sort-of-way.

Oh, and congrats First.

*imagines Herr Two working at the Berkeley Library* [Big Grin]

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been past Indiana University of Pennsylvania a couple times when I visit family. Good for a laugh...

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vogon Poet:
There's a Miami University in Ohio, I believe. . .

But I believe that is because of the Miami tribe of Native Americans which are native to the Ohio region. Or something along those lines.

Personally, the best thing in the Keystone state is Intercourse, PA a little town right before Paradise on Route 30 in Lancaster county.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No discussion of silly place names would be complete without a mention of the canned hilarity one can find in a gazetteer of Newfoundland.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a Beaver Damn in Louisiana I believe.

And of course there's good old Cockfosters in London. Ahh. Cockfosters...

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't forget Fucking, Austria.

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a bridge named Bob in Colorado. It lacks bitch tits.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"St. John", eh? Is it pronounced "sinjin" like the guy in ST5? :-)
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

Well, if it's "St. John," then like every other first name "St. John" that I've come across, (not many, and, yes, sadly enough, the guy from ST5 is in there) it'd be pronounced "sinjin." I've never quite figured out why.

--------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, that's my last name. It's a bastardization, as the family branch it came from were original Qu�becois, & so it was "St. Jean."

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was a Beaver College in Pennsylvania too, the subject of many Maxim jokes, until they changed it recently. And they changed it exactly why you're thinking they changed it. Bunch of insecure pussies...

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a Beaver Dam road near where I live.

Which happens to be in Cockeysville.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's always Ball State.

--------------------
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger,
Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die."-Mel Brooks

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

One of the main roads in Dayton, Ohio is named "Need More". Yes...there is a Need More Road. There is also a Need More Shop on Need More Road.

I kid you not...

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps