Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » A little Simpsons Help

Author Topic: A little Simpsons Help
USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From the 6th season show "The PTA Disbands", there is a scene where Marge is concerned about Bart's lack of control due to the teacher strike, the exact line is...
quote:

Marge: And Bart isn't doing very well either. He needs boundaries and structure. There's something about flying a kite at night that's
so unwholesome. [looks out window]
Bart: [creepy voice] Hello, Mother dear.

I'm positive this is movie reference or some sort of reference but I can't seem to find what. Its not in SNPP.com either, I checked. Its driving me and my sister insane. If anyone has any clue it would be much appreciated.

[ December 24, 2001: Message edited by: USS Vanguard ]

--------------------
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger,
Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die."-Mel Brooks

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a tough one. It reminds me of a general horror cliche...like something from the Omem.

I have not seen it, but perhaps Silver Bullet (1985) fits the bill:

quote:
In this undistinguished Stephen King horror adaptation, the good residents of Tarker's Mill are dense enough to ignore or explain away a series of violent deaths until a little boy is torn to pieces while flying his kite after dark.

here

Just a thought.

[ December 25, 2001: Message edited by: Jay the Obscure ]

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm, that's a definate possibility. Just the way it was presented on the show seemed very referency as if it were taken directly from a movie. I really can't say, I've never seen Silver Bullet. Thanks for the help though.

--------------------
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger,
Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die."-Mel Brooks

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well the full moon has been attributed all kinds of powers over the years, among others the power of seduction and hypnosis, and I remember the episode clearly, Bart had this blissful madness that reminds me of Gollum, actually.
Don't know the ref, tho.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.