Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » So Long, Utah.

Author Topic: So Long, Utah.
OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, to make an entirely too long story short, yes I was going to Utah with my mother's graces. She even went through a valiant effort to get a plane ticket out there, the MDRS being literally in the middle nowhere. Eventually, she found a ticket (with the help of a travel agency she used to partly own) and even agreed to flip the bill when the Mars Society asked.

I and the MDRS program coordinator have been going through multi-week long email tag trying to nail down the whole process of getting out there at the right time, getting picked up at Grand Junction, Colorado (about a hundred miles from the site), flying home, actually buying a ticket before the time got so short that tickets were prohibitively expensive (my mother was very gracious, but only so gracious about how much she would pay, which was entirely understandable).

And today, I got another email from the program coordinator, the first in over a week.

The second crew rotation was cancelled. ::sigh::

Oh well, at least now I can go to that New Year's Eve party in North Jersey.

[ December 25, 2001: Message edited by: OnToMars ]

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, that's terrible. They are going to do another one, aren't they?

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

Antagonist
Member # 484

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not to offend, but they sure don't seem like they have their shiznit together, do they?

By the way, what is this Mars Assoc. all about anyhow? Do they have ties to NASA or are they a civilian organization?

--------------------
Move .sig!!

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or is it run by saucer men? tell us the truth.. do you work for the strange visitors? are you a grey.. you know.. Zeta Reticulan? perhaps a hybrid? spill it, alien boy.. we have ways of making you talk...

*filling in for MIB*

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.