Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Snow Snow Snow Snow (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Snow Snow Snow Snow
Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Up to my waist in snow. Yes, literally. Buffalo has been dumped on.

At this point I'd be in Batavia, my hometown, where they've only recieved about 6 inches of snow. But last night, as a christmas gift, I traveled to my sister's place in southern Buffalo to upgrade my nephew's computer. Little did I know but the lake effect snow bands were currently planning an offensive against me. By the time I had finished with the computer, my car was already in a foot of snow. I doubt I would have gotten far. By morning there was 3 feet of snow outside, and another foot to drop down within a couple hours. The snow storm has thwarted my efforts to return home. Luckily, with a working computer and an internet connection, I am quite satified and no doubt I will survive until the roads open back up and the snow has been plowed.

Not to disillusion anyone, but I love snow, especially lots of it- however, not when it's inconvenient. [Razz] However, I will not let this sudden attack stop me either. Lake Effect Snow, you will bow before me! *raises fist in stubborn defiance*

--------------------
The Legend of Jeff Raven: As told by himself

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Luckily, with a working computer and an internet connection,

I'd be really happy with a roof over my head and either a heater or a fire. And some food, can't forget something to eat.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What Snow? Nothing here in Toronto as far as I know.

One.

Lousy.

Half.

Inch.

[singing]I'm dreaming, of a Green Christmas, with every hole of golf I play..... [/singing]

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only 3 feet, did you try driving that's what we do.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I suppose that might work if you're driving a monster truck, or something. But I've never seena normal car that could magically push three-foot-thick snow out from in front of it in order to drive...
Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Driving would be rather stupid. Especially with the 4-5 SUV's stuck in the road of people who *thought* they could get out of it, but couldn't. I drive a 1990 Chevy Lumina and you suggest driving? Cuh-razy!

And a house and food and heat is a given, JeffSnay. Without an internet connection, I'd go stir crazy [Smile]

And with the snow being what it is, I could very well be stuck here for a lot longer than expected. Apparently the snow bands are shifting north to south and back again. This lake effect should continue until tomorrow, and another low pressure front will move in to start the whole lake effect cycle again. I might not be able to get out until monday or even tuesday.

I no longer consider it "snow." It is now "white shit." [Razz]

--------------------

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the snow. It's just two bad that I've only seen the stuff three times in my life. Then again, if I lived in the North all of my life, I'm sure I'd be as sick of the snow as I am now with the heat and humidity of the South.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I'd be really happy with a roof over my head and either a heater or a fire. And some food, can't forget something to eat."

AMEN TO THAT!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Without an internet connection, I'd go stir crazy

Never heard of a book ... ?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
or T.V.?

or Radio?

or Movie?

or Phone?

etc...etc...etc...

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Siegfried: Move to some place like St. Louis. Then you can get sick of the snow in winter just in time to get sick of the heat in summer.
Pro. Portside
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Move to Houston where you can get sick of the Heat, then the snow, then the heat, then have breakfeast.
IP: Logged
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Snow snow snow snow.

Funny.

Current weather pattern exhibits high degree of uniformity. Variation negligable. Type rain.

Rain rain rain rain.

Kinda like Ferenginar, only worse. Damned global warming...

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

A book you say? Well, seems as how my trip was supposed to be temporary, my books are at home. I really wish I had brought "Cradle of Saturn" or the 3rd book in the X-Wing series.

I suppose, this being a house with kids in it, I could read "Clifford goes to School" or one of the Sesame Street books, but I'm sure I'd get bored of it fast. in actuality, I've already started reading Sol's Dirk Tungsten story, but with only 3 chapters, it won't last very long.

Daytime TV consists of kids shows and soap operas. I'm not much to watch TV, and programming on radio isn't what it used to be.

My point is that I am most fortunate to have an internet connection, necessities aside. Otherwise you guys wouldn't even know of my plight.

On the same note, there is now 5 feet of snow out there. Plows are no where in site. I'm not going anywhere soon.

--------------------

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3
Picture 4

Here are some pictures as well of the situation. The guy is my sister's neighbor, trying once again to uncover his car. My car isn't even visible in these pictures.

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.