Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Snow Snow Snow Snow (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Snow Snow Snow Snow
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TSN:
Eh, St. Louis is nice and all that. I there for a while on a vacation several years ago. I guess that'd be an all right place to live, but I was actually thinking of moving to Wisconsin after I'm done with higher education.

Pro. Portside:
Huh? I already live in Houston. It doesn't snow here! The last time is snowed here by an appreciable amount was February 1997. And only then, it was an inch or two. Before that, there were like five flakes in January 1994 and about half an inch in January 1989. But you do have a point about the ever-changing weather conditions...

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bastard.

I want that much snow.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey! I know exactly who my father is! And it ain't the mailman!

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er, what?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was implied that Sieggy was a bastard. Sieggy refuted such a status, at least by the original definition.

You slow little Englishman.

Interesting-tangent-of-the-day
In Britain, the Royal Mail employs postmen.
In the United States, the US Postal Service emplys mailmen.
Peculiar.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And in Canada?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

Hmm... Actually, I don't really hear the term "mailman" too much nowadays. I usually hear "postal worker" as the catch-all for all employees whether they're out in the field or sorting the stamp machines' coins.

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We usually call them the mail people...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Canada Post delivers the mail, as far as popular lingo is concerned.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

StarFire
Member # 748

- posted      Profile for StarFire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
Siegfried: Move to some place like St. Louis. Then you can get sick of the snow in winter just in time to get sick of the heat in summer.

Quite true there. Although, personally, I can take the cold much more than the damn heat and humidity. Probably a good reason why I don't balk at moving up north to Chicago (who gets some of those lake storms) like so many of the people down here in the St. Louis region.

--------------------
Are we having fun yet?

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One time in the late 70's we got about a quarter inch of snow at my house. I built a snow man using all the snow in the front yard. He was almost a foot tall. He'd melted by the afternoon. California is nice.

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is Sieggy using the popular American definition of "bastard", meaning "Unaware of who their father is", and oppossed to the crazy version the UK uses: "child born out of wedlock"?

I win the arugment! The power-up is indeed mine.

We do say mail and post for the actual letters and stuff, but mainly post. And postmen, yes. Despite it being delivered by Royal Mail. Tsk. I did it for a week. It was the most non-fun I'd ever had.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I'm perfectly happy! Stockholm has a lovely feet and a half.
It may be hard to believe but the last three winters have been shite, this is the white christmas I was waiting for.
And it gets cold too, -22 celsius is the current bottom-limit, but mostly it's about -10, which is quite enough, it's a drag when the nose hurts and crystalizes when you inhale too fast.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mpmmmmppmppp ffmppffmf. Mpmmmmppmppp ffmppffmf mmmpmfpmf. Mff fppmmmpppfmp fmmpppppffpp fmpppfppf, mpmmmmppmppmmfffmp! Pppppffmp mpmmmmppmpppmppmpm pffmmmmffppp!

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Crack the Code is in the Contest forum, Cartman.

Anyways, I'm free!! My father came in and plowed me out so I was able to get home. My next car is gonna be an 8 cylinder Dodge Ram. That's all there is to it.

--------------------
The Legend of Jeff Raven: As told by himself

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps