Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » My Star Trek Collection: For Sale

Author Topic: My Star Trek Collection: For Sale
Starship Voyager
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's right, the time has come. After roughly two years of having moved away from Trek and into Transformers, I've finally decided to clear out my Star Trek collection.

I posted earlier in the thread "Where's a Good Place to Sell Playmate's Star Trek Ships?", and have gotten quite a few responses. Thank you all. I've just finished a COMPLETE listing of my collection, with suggested prices. Here's the link:

http://www.geocities.com/publish101/vetelus_trek.html

As it states on the site, priority will go to the buyer of the most items, simply because shipping can be saved. As a converted Transformers fan, there's a lot of buying, trading, and selling in that fandom than this, but it hope this will serve as well.

Shipping costs will vary depending on the size and weight of your order. I'll give you all the options of surface, airmail, insured, express, etc. Prices are negotiable, and the more the you buy, the more happy I'll be in throwing in a few other things for free. :-)

So, before I bid adieu to my wonderful collection, here's something I'd like to ask each and every buyer: take good care of them. I've kept them in as mint a condition as second-hand items can be, and I'd like to see them all get good homes. Sentimental? Yes. But that's me in a nutshell.

Any questions or queries, I'd be happy to answer them at [email protected] or [email protected] .

Thanks everyone!

PS: I'd be happy to trade if you have any Transformers lying around. Just give me a description if you don't know their name, I enjoy a challenge!

[ January 02, 2002: Message edited by: Starship Voyager ]

IP: Logged
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rhymes with ham.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Starship Voyager
Ex-Member

Err ... what? If you're thinking what I'm thinking, no, this is not a sham. I'll be putting up pictures by tomorrow evening, and I have already completed a lot of successful trades / sales at the AllSpark Transformers board, for which I can give all my buyers e-mail references. The eBay feedback linked at the website is another.

Jeesh, if you have nothing positive to contribute, please don't.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not quite what I was going for.

You got a lot closer with the 'useful' comment, tho.

I think MIB has a thread locked when he did this.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Starship Voyager
Ex-Member

So what *were* you going for? I can't think of any other word that makes any sense. Jam? Pam? Ram? *runs to consult rhyming dictionary*

Well, I'm sorry if I offended you, but it just seemed like an attack on all the laborious work I went through with the website listing. In my earlier post here, akb1979 asked whether I could produce a complete list, for which I thought was a darn good idea. With the few offers already in that thread, I just thought I should hold off until everything is set.

Getting all those comic listings accurately was *not* my idea of fun, let me tell you. But I do take pride in my work, and if "sham" was one of the first words that came to my mind, I'm sure it's the same with all my potential buyers, which is NOT a good sales pitch. :-) Thus, the not-so-jovial comment.

My deepest apologies.

[ January 02, 2002: Message edited by: Starship Voyager ]

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Spam, actually.

It's no offense to you, but when some members have posted listings to e-Bay auctions of things they're selling or what not, they usually get closed.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I don't recall offhand the precedents you speak of, but I'm going to let this go for now. After all, people did request that he post this.

If someone w/ more authority than I have wants to do something else w/ this, fine. But I'm going to leave it.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lets bide our time til he pulls out the dirty card from his uncle, then we'll take care of this one. leave him be...

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Starship Voyager
Ex-Member

*hits head* Ah, spam! The over 20 e-mails I get in my inbox everyday! How could I have forgotten so common a word? *lol*

Thanks, TSN. I guess I can't convince the administrators to set up a Buy/Sell/Trade forum, but this was the only means I could think of to reach an interested audience. Thanks for the understanding.

CaptainMike, "dirty card from my uncle"? Sorry, not very up to date with modern euphemisms ....

In the meantime, I'll update this post again when the pictures are up. They're not the best quality (from webcam), but they'll suffice. Besides, if I don't sell these off soon, I'm inclined to just throw away most of the lot, so I have every wish to be as accomodating a seller as I can be.

Great deals for everyone!

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So you're into collecting Transformers?

The old ones, too?

I've got an Omega Supreme in pretty good condition, all its parts, still walks, and has the original packing, box and instructions.

I might sell if the price is right.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in a bad mood with Transformers, after spending a small fortune on the Japanese Car Robots, and then (THEN), for the first time ever, Hasbro IMPORTS a Japanese line! The complete and total cock sucking bastards!

I've got a Japanese Shockwave I don't really want anymore too. It's in a box. I got in on a whim. Bad Shockers.

I'd kill for a Star Sabre though.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There can be no crime without malicious intent. So sayeth the law.

Stupidity should be painful, however. So sayeth bumper stickers.

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Starship Voyager
Ex-Member

First of Two, though I'm not a big fan of good ol' Omega Supreme, I think as a complete piece he'll be quite popular with the fandom. Try making a post at the AllSpark Buy/Sell/Trade, HERE.

PsyLiam, you're right, the decision to import Car Robots took the fandom by storm. All of the line immediately devalued, with some serious Transfans fuming over their "investment". Of course, the joy, though, was simply having HAD the figures a year earlier, so I'm pretty happy myself.

Any other people interested in purchasing parts of my collection or whatnot, drop me a line. I'd love to hear from you!

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah, I loved the figures. I hate people who keep them in the boxes. And in some ways the Japanese versions are slightly cooler (more shiny paint and stuff). But still, grrr... I got all the new figures, apart from the Build King set. I'm not sure about that.

Oh, and, SV, would you know where to get a Star Sabre? And is he worth it? Is he better than God Ginria?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps