Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I was wondering... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I was wondering...
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...computer game wise, if anyone owns the strategy game Cossacks: European Wars.

Playing against the computer is fun and all, but I'm looking for someone to smite online. It's oh such a good game.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll consider that a resounding no on Cossacks.

Any other RTS games people own?

--------------------
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

~C. Montgomery Burns

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Join the Starcraft Club.

And then Maybe Omega or myself will crush your skull like a puny tin can.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe Omega ... ?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Obese Penguin
Doomsayer
Member # 271

- posted      Profile for Obese Penguin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was wondering a while ago myself if anyone played Age of Empires 2 around here. Playing on the zone is quite annoying with all the cheaters and lag.
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

I'd like the chance to smite Omega.

--------------------
~ohn Adams

~Brad DeLong

~C. Montgomery Burns

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

I am a proud owner AoE2.

--------------------
~ohn Adams

~Brad DeLong

~C. Montgomery Burns

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a small - and imcomplete - list of RTS games I have accumulated over the years:

Dune 2 ('92)
Warcraft ('93)
Command & Conquer: Tiberian Dawn ('95)
Warcraft II ('95)
Command & Conquer: Red Alert ('96)
Dark Reign ('97)
Age Of Empires ('97)
Total Annihilation ('97)
Starcraft ('98)
Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun ('99)
Dark Reign II ('00)
Age Of Empires II ('99)
Earth 2150 ('99)
Command & Conquer: Red Alert II ('00)

What can I say, I like strategy games [Big Grin]

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have Red Alert 2, and I'm willing to learn how to play online(gameplay is very different from how I'd play against a computer) but I'd like to play against someone who's not an asshole(like many online gamers).

--------------------
The Legend of Jeff Raven: As told by himself

Obese Penguin
Doomsayer
Member # 271

- posted      Profile for Obese Penguin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am a huge fan of RTS type games. I guess it's the combination of time to waste and a love of history.

I was deeply into StarCraft for a while but I made the mistake of lending my SC CDs to a friend with a hyper active brother , he returned the CDs but they were scratched beyond repair. He made it up to me by giving me AoE Gold package which brings AoE 1 and AoE Rise of Rome. Great games , I now own the entire AoE series.

I own the C&C series also but I never play them.

If you guys have some left over holiday money I suggest Empire Earth. Its an amazing game , I got it for christmas and all I can say is wow , you can play from the Greek empire all the way through to the 22nd century and the attention to detail is supurb the lead designer was the former lead developer of the AoE series so the interface is very comfertable for those who have played AoE .

If anyone is looking for an online match with AoE 2 I can play both AoE2 and the Exp. Pack.

Playing against the computer starts to wear thin after a while and those cheaters on the zone are not exactly the best to play with.

Lag hopefully wont be a problem as I have DSL , but then again thats never a 100% deal.

[ January 10, 2002: Message edited by: Obese Penguin ]

--------------------
My Mother never found the irony in calling me a son of a bitch

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Obese: You still have your CD key, right? You could always ask for a copy and use your key as a substitute. It should work.

Okay, okay, I'm only trying to recruit more SCBW players.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm... I could go buy StarCraft now...

But I'd still like the chance to play Tiberian Sun against someone. [Big Grin]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

Not that I'm pushing it or anything, but if you like AoE2, Cossacks is for you, It's better in so many ways.

http://www.cossacks.com/

At any rate, you AoE'ers out there, we should gather for a grand smiting!

--------------------
~ohn Adams

~Brad DeLong

~C. Montgomery Burns

Obese Penguin
Doomsayer
Member # 271

Well on second thought , due to my internet being shared I dont seem to be able to play online...

does anyone have any suggesttions?

[ January 11, 2002: Message edited by: Obese Penguin ]

--------------------
My Mother never found the irony in calling me a son of a bitch

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

That would make playing online rather difficult wouldn't it?

--------------------
~ohn Adams

~Brad DeLong

~C. Montgomery Burns

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps