Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Deep Fried Three Musketeers Bars (Page 1)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Deep Fried Three Musketeers Bars
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A friend and co-worker just returned from a trip to London. She told me that she was told that one of the current food fads there was breading Three Musketeer bars, and deep frying them.

All I can say is, you guys are sick. Everyone knows that you FREEZE TM's.

Any of you all heard of this?

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fat-frying breaded Three Musketeers? Umm... that has got to be one hell of a gooey mess! I don't see any sort of breading helping to keep a stick of milk chocolate and cremey nuget in one piece. I'd imagine it'd look a lot like the T-1000 dying in a vat of molten steel (minus the flailing and shifting identities and trying to kill people).

Yuck!

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've heard about this. It's supposedly quite tasty. You can do it with other kinds of candy bars, like Snickers or Nestle Crunch. The breading keeps the chocolate from making a melty mess.

--------------------
The Legend of Jeff Raven: As told by himself

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am at a loss as to how to respond to this. I'd like to chalk it down to typical American cluelessness about the rest of the world, since there is no such thing as a "Three Musketeers" bar in the UK. Any other imbecilic rumours heard recently? They're mad for Sunset Beach in Somalia? McDonalds Peru have brought out a McLlama with Cheese?

I mean, you know what a Mars Bar is, OK? Well, there was a fad a few years ago for deep-frying them. I imagine this is equally twisted according to your distorted little value systems: after all, Mohammed Atta & Co. probably had them for their last meals or something. . . 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

, since there is no such thing as a "Three Musketeers" bar in the UK.

Damn, and I thought you guys were caught up with us here in the colonies. I'll have you know that I do not have the Typical American clulessness. What I have is the supertrekielearnedeverything IknowfromthegoddamnBealtes superspecial clulessness that comes from watching to much damn TV and listening to Rock and Roll since 1964. I'ts bad when you get hooked that young. [Wink]

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Ed, I never said YOU were clueless, just your friend. You're only semi-clueless. 8)

--------------------

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mars and Three Musketeer bars are generally very similar, actualy... so it's not too far off. [Wink]
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Either way, it's pretty sick...
Lee
Member # 393

This from a nation that eats their apple pie with cheese. *gag*

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Huh? Cheese? I can't speak for all 280 million citizens of the United States, but I have never ever heard of anyone one eating apple pie with cheese. Vanilla ice cream, yes. Cheese, nope.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have. Heard of it, that is. When it comes to food, I'm pretty silly and compulsive and don't like to mix things, so I have no idea, but apparently it tastes good to some segment of the population.
Antagonist
Member # 484

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What the hell? Apple pie and cheese would be disgusting. Until now I haven't had the displeasure of even thinking about that sick combination. Ah well, chalk it up to Brit cluelessness. [Smile]

--------------------
Move .sig!!

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It has to be a good sharp chedder with apple pie.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Lee
Member # 393

See?!

--------------------

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps