Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Deep Fried Three Musketeers Bars (Page 2)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Deep Fried Three Musketeers Bars
Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
at least we don't eat french fries with gravy or *ugh* mayonnaise

--------------------
The Legend of Jeff Raven: As told by himself

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
BAH!! You uppity brits dont know whats going on!

see, you take fat, fry it in some fat, and pour on some cream and bread it, then fry that. mmmm mmm mm. its good with MSG.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's the Belgians who eat chips with mayonnaise, Bryan. Do try to keep up. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fries + mayo == good.

Fries + vinegar == OK

Fries + catsup == suck.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
catsup == truly stupid-sounding word.

It's the Kenny G. of condiment terminology.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed. Chips and ketchup is much better. But I'm surprised at the mention of chips and vinegar, I thought only Brits did that. . .

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's a Canadian thing, too...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What about poutine?

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ya, it's done in Canada, and tried it out... [Wink]
Antagonist
Member # 484

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, actually I eat french fries with vinegar all the time. I picked it up more or less from my father, who is originally from Canada, so I think it kind of migrated south. [Smile]

Anyhow, I've never dipped fries in mayonaise, but from just imagining what that combination tastes like and the amount of saturated fat that you get from eating ONE fry I begin to convulse simply by thinking about it.

And here's a question: If brits call french fries "chips" then what do they call potato chips (the ones that go CRUNCH when you eat them, often times paired with salsa if its the tortia variety)?

--------------------
Move .sig!!

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Travis Bickle, in the classic movie Taxi Driver, ordered a piece of apple pie with a slice of american cheese on his lunch date with betsy. and mayo is VERY good with french fries (as is vinegar).

--jacob

IP: Logged
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And here's a question: If brits call french fries "chips" then what do they call potato chips (the ones that go CRUNCH when you eat them, often times paired with salsa if its the tortia variety)?
Crisps, I believe.
EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
well, Americans invented them, and their chips, dammit, CHIPS!!!! [Eek!]

btw, do fish and chips still get served in cones of newspaper? i had it that way in australia a long time ago, and it was a very charming presentation, a friend of mine had them like that in england an equally long time ago. i'm sure that there is now some health law forbidding it, *sigh*.

--jacob

[ January 10, 2002: Message edited by: EdipisReks ]

IP: Logged
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, of course it's still done.

I think the health regulators would be more concerned with the fish and chips themselves than the method of presentation.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Lee
Member # 393

Yes, crisps. And we invented chips, so you're in the wrong by calling them french fries, nyah.

Anyway. Fish and chips is these days generally served in a wrapping of greaseproof paper, surrounded by a few sheets of plain white paper like any grocer or butcher or baker might use to wrap something up. Haven't seen fish'n'chips in newspaper for a long time. . .

--------------------

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps