Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Deep Fried Three Musketeers Bars (Page 3)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Deep Fried Three Musketeers Bars
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe it was the Belgians that invented them. That's why we call them French fries (yeah, don't even say it...).

Besides, most of the ones you'll find over here aren't even chip-shaped, so it wouldn't make sense to call them "chips".

Oh, and if anyone over here wants to see a local reference to "potato crisps", just look at a can of Pringles.

Oh, and the only things that should go on French fries are salt and pepper. So, nyah!

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pepper?! When will the madness end?

Also, maybe I mis-heard or mis-understood, but were Pringles ever called Cringles on your side of the pond?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
i don't think they were ever called cringles, but i may be mistaken. my point about health regulations being against the newpaper was because i'm sure that the newprint rubbed off on the food. i wish you could get fish and chips in ohio (well, good fish and chips anyway, not long john silver's crap).

--jacob

IP: Logged
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had a friend who used to tell the history of the world by way of food, so to him the Norman Invasion in 1066, the Spanish Armada in 1585, & all other planned mainland invasions for Britain were in his eyes "well-intended attempts to bring sauces & flavor to the gastrologically-backwards peoples of the British Isles."

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Also, maybe I mis-heard or mis-understood, but were Pringles ever called Cringles on your side of the pond?

I've never heard that, but maybe it's the Christmas version, Chris Cringles' Pringles!!!

Sorry, I need sleep.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*goes to the kitchen and grabs a can of Pringles*

Okay, the logo has that little mustache-guy. Under him is a large bow-tie-shaped box that says "PRINGLES�". Under that is a wavy sort of box that says "ORIGINAL" (because that's what flavor this can is). Under that are the words "Potato Crisps", followed by one of those little circles w/ a 'U' inside, which I think has something to do w/ their being kosher, or some silly thing like that.

"Cringles"? *shakes head and walks off*

an'on
Member # 222

- posted      Profile for an'on     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Apple pie without cheese, is like a hug without a squeeze" or so my in-laws say. *shudder* Prior to contact with them, had never heard of this food combo.
an'on
Member # 222

- posted      Profile for an'on     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
French fries with Artic Circle sauce are good. Artic Circle sauce being a combination of mayonaise and ketchup.
Coddman
()PAK CHOOIE UNF()
Member # 10

- posted      Profile for Coddman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
YES
EdipisReks
Ex-Member

you mean arctic circle sauce? sorry, but i'm a jerk [Eek!]

--jacob

an'on
Member # 222

Aw, I wasn't corrected by my favorite human spell/grammar checker.... :-(
Antagonist
Member # 484

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I kept staring at that arctic circle sauce recipe for a while, wanting some sort of recognition. I finally realized its just 'poor man's' thousand island dressing. [Smile]
Yes, I will admit that does taste good, though I like to mix some finly diced pickles in there too. I prefer ranch dressing and JoJos, personally, which is just basically a really big breaded and deep fried french fry.

Damn, I'm hungry.

--------------------
Move .sig!!

StarFire
Member # 748

- posted      Profile for StarFire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Apple pie and cheese???! *double gag* I tried the fries and mayo thing once, and I swear I heard my arteries clogging right then and there. Then my friend made me try fries with Sweet 'n Sour sauce...that wasn't *too* bad. Knew someone who dips her fries in milkshakes too... *shudder*

-Dawn, who will stick to ketchup.

--------------------
Are we having fun yet?

an'on
Member # 222

Dipping fries in chocolate milkshakes works provided they aren't too runny.
EdipisReks
Ex-Member

dipping fries in a wendys frosty is great. tartar sauce is also great with fries. ketchup and mustard is good with fries, and so is ranch dressing. mmmmmmmmm sticking to ketchup is sooooo boring. besides, everyone needs a little artery cloggage.

--jacob

[ January 12, 2002: Message edited by: EdipisReks ]

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps