Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Deep Fried Three Musketeers Bars (Page 6)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Deep Fried Three Musketeers Bars
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

You still write "cheque" though, don't you? Please oh dear god swear that you still write "cheque"!

Tim in non Nixpicking post shock! I'll continue to push my luck and now ask what "etymologically" means? And how this stuff is spelt on bottles.

(Ketchup is sometimes called tomato sauce over here. Or just red sauce, which is different from brown sauce, also called fruit sauce, which is similar but not quite the same as barbeque sauce.)

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love barbecue sauce on chips. My fiancée has this snack she does with salt & vinegar crinkled crisps, sprinkled with crumbled Cheddar cheese and green Tabasco. It's a lot nicer than you'd think.

quote:
"Catsup" is just an etymologically questionable spelling of "ketchup". Same stuff.
Indeed, concise and to the point. Why can't I get simple, straight answers out of you like that one, Timothy?

And. . . "longer more obviously potato-containing?" Not some of the fries I've seen. Christ only knows what goes into Burger King's fries, nothing natural that's for certain. McDonald's are far better; anyone care to agree or dispute that?

[ January 14, 2002: Message edited by: Vogon Poet ]

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, unfortunatly. In the catagory of what British people call "fries", rather than "chips", McDonald's do serve the best (if they've been cooked enough).

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
heh, if you guys had penn stations in england you would know them to have the best fries and probably the best cheesesteaks (outside of philadelphia of course). actually, i rather like burger king fries. the mcdonalds fries in this country have recently been changed to a thinner fry (so i guess we were the test market, or inversely this has already happened to you and mcdonalds was seeing whether expendable europeans would die from it before they brought it to this market. i just don't know), and i prefer the old, thicker style. burger kings fries, which are probably more natural than mcdonalds, (sheesh, you guys don't know what goes on under the facade of "the home of the happy clown") are thicker and tend not to be as soggy.

[this post was edited to fix a misplaced parenthesis and shameful spelling errors.]

--jacob

[ January 15, 2002: Message edited by: EdipisReks ]

IP: Logged
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

"burger kings fries (which are probably more natural than macdonalds, sheesh you guys don't know what goes on under the facade of the home of the happy clown) are thicker and tend not to be as soggy."

We do, we just don't care. And there's a mistaken belief amoungst a lot of people that natural = better.

McDonalds chips when I went to the US last Autumn were the same thickness as they are over here.

We have only just recently gotten the Mega size meal, as we continue with out attempts to become as fat as you lot.

--------------------

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Liam, yes we still right cheque, but we are getting these cheap abm machines from the states that have savings and checking on them, it looks very weird. And there is only one real brand of Ketchup and that is Heinz. Catsup is made from real cats and should not be eaten.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would have to say that Dairy Queen or KFC has the best fries around here. [Smile]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

my response that burger king's fries were probably more natural than mcdonald's was because somebody had said that burger kings fries were bad and probably had no actual potato in them.

--jacob

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
During the deep, dark, days of the eighties, McDonalds fries were approximately 70% Beef tallow and 30% Apple. Apparently apples are cheaper than potatoes. Who knew? I believe the potato did return at some point, though.

-------------

Subtle difference #734 between Canada and United States I discovered on a trip to the American NE two years ago in which I ate at McDonalds far too often (and it wasn't by choice, dammit)

Canadian "Regular" fry box (container? sleeve?) == American "Small" fry box

Canadian "Large" fry box == American "Regular" fry box

Canadian "Super-size" fry box == American "Large" fry box

Something containing so many pounds of grease that mild-mannered Canadians would never possibly consider touching it == American "Super-size" fry box

Thus, we have yet another reason Harry Knowles was spawned in Austin, Tex. and not Aurora, Ont.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Why can't I get simple, straight answers out of you like that one, Timothy?"

What, and take all the fun out of it? Pfah!

"burger kings fries (which are probably more natural than macdonalds, sheesh you guys don't know what goes on under the facade of the home of the happy clown) are thicker and tend not to be as soggy."

I hereby forbid you from ever complaining about anyone's spelling or grammar or what-have-you ever again. Ever. Not even a little.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fun? You don't get out much, do you?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

TSN, i hereby forbid you to ever have a thought in your head...wait, you do that to yourself already, sorry. i fixed the misplaced parenthesis in that quote, so you can go back to being your bubbly, exuberant self [Razz]

--jacob

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Misplaced parenthesis? I see... Well, that fixes the run-on. But that doesn't address he fact that you spelled "McDonald's" as "macdonalds". Twice.
EdipisReks
Ex-Member

are you serious? i've never spelled mcdonalds as macdonalds ever before! ACK! i guess that's what happens when you mix alcohol and sleep deprivation.

--jacob

p.s. the lack of capitals isn't an error. i don't use upper case letters very often while on the internet.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Uh-huh. Sure you didn't. Thats why you edited a post you made on the 14th today. You think people can't see the "message edited by edipisrex on Jan. 15th?"

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.