Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » StarCraft: Tahna Los vs Omega Part III

Author Topic: StarCraft: Tahna Los vs Omega Part III
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the first time, I had the boot put to my pants by Omega.

Not to say I didn't try. I did try to mount some sort of offensive to try to break him down. But in the end, the Terran's ability to survive in a long term confrontation does not live up to the Protoss. The Protoss have too many options at its disposal while the Terran's options are either limited, or not feasible.

Game starts with Me on bottom left, and Omega on middle right. Already, when Omega has only a few barracks, I already have 4 tanks at my disposal. Wraiths are being built.

At 12 tanks, I go in to destroy Omega's primary base. After a few tries, this attempt is successful, with the help of a few battlecruisers coming out of a new base in the top left.

Unfortunately, Omega had a second base just below him. While this would not have caused much trouble, what was beginning to cause trouble for me was that he had a whole plethora of corsairs to decimate my Wraiths. Cloaking them would only be semi useful as Omega would have an observer ready to spot any cloaked units. Valkyries were not as successful either, due to the fact that their missiles have slow firing rate, compared to the Corsair's Neutron Flare. With the decimation of all air support, the tanks were easy pickings for the carriers.

After several attempts, I decide to switch to a battlecruiser force, but this poses several problems: his corsairs are still there, and a fully loaded carrier does WAY more damage than a battlecruiser laser. Yamato guns did not help as I either did not have enough energy or they have horrible lag before firing.

After several failed attempts at an offensive, Omega decided to try his attempt at an offensive. Six carriers and 8 corsairs marched into my primary base. Any air defense that I did have was instantly vapourized. At this time, I decide to fold as time was getting short, and I'll be going home as soon as this report is posted.

Let's put it to you this way: The Protoss is designed to rule the skies whereas the Zerg is designed to rule the ground (despite the use of Devourers and Scourges). The Terrans were designed to have a little of both, but lack key areas of Air and Ground combat.

Simply Put, Terrans are no match for the Protoss. That and the fact that I have little knowledge to use them to their fullest. It is unfortunate that the Randomizer gave me such an outcome. Perhaps things would have been different if I was Zerg or Protoss.

Well fought battle, Omega. Until Next Time.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You fought well, sensei. I look forward to our next battle.

*bows*

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Erm... Whoopee?
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MIB and I squared off for two hours ...

... ugh.

I built up my forces quickly, establishing five seperate resource bases -- four with nuclear silos.

MIB struck me first with some nukes, but did little damage. I rooted him out with Wraiths, tactical nukes, and ground Marines and medics. He didn't dig in as much as I had -- in fact, his whole strategy was to lure me into striking at one base while he built another. I think I must have taken out ten bases of various sizes and defenses before I finally eliminated him.

What a little ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps