Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I threw up more today. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: I threw up more today.
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I threw up more times today than i did in 1999, 2000 and 2001 combined.

Just thought i'd share.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ummm... yuck. Are you ill? If so, my sympathies and hopes for a speedy recovery. Besides intense nasal congestion and throat irritation, vomitting is one of the worst things about being sick.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A little tip: If you're going to drink enough to throw up, drink enough so you don't remember throwing up.

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mmmmmm.
Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another tip: If you drink coffee drinks you can spend all night throwing up without getting tired.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find that eating a decent meal before you start drinking, and having regular drinks of water prevents you from throwing up in 90% of cases (unless you are drinking to some stupid excess, but what's the point of drinking until you can't even move? That's just dangerous.)

Of course, we're assuming that Mikey boy was drunk. It could be drugs, or some form of virus. Or he's just seen Ewoks: Battle For Endor.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

StarFire
Member # 748

- posted      Profile for StarFire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uhm, if you are sickly too, hope you feel better soon.
*walks off to find her bed through the haze of tylenol and NyQuil and a half dozen other cold meds*

--------------------
Are we having fun yet?

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope you guys feel better...today I had to deal with my Mini-Shnauzer throwing up... damn what the hell did he eat last night?

Try tea to settle your stomachs...

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My experience with vomitting is varied, i agree, but in the past two weeks i have quit drinking precisely because of the fact that i feel extremely ill.
(plus ive been sober for a few months with the exception of new year's, my birthday and two or three other parties)

im growing concerned and will probably be seeking medical assistance if i miss work again tomorrow.

im feeling really good right now, a lunch of crackers and peppermint tea in me and staying down for the moment, even thoughi woke up with pain this morning.

BTW, if you are sick, dont ever go to WebMD and diagnose yourself. All it does is freak you out.

--------------------

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had done the same thing... was feeling like crap - stopped drinkin' beer.. .i started feeling sick .. my buddy's advice:

"You really outta drink more !! The more you drink.. the more pickled you are -- the more the bugs stay away!"

LOL [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
o::{====> Alshrim Dax <====}::o

~ Cry Havoc - and let slip the dogs of war!

capped
Member # 709

I wish my problem were as simple as mild alcohol poisoning. I've done that before.

If you have drank too much, throwing up is one of the best things you can do for yourself. It clears out the queue of alcohol that is on its way to your bloodstream, causing you to not get anymore drunk than you are. If you fall asleep with a belly full of alcohol, it continues to filter into you, mkaking you drunker, increasing the likelihood of you spending the better part of tomorrow drunk/hung over.

I remember i managed to drink excessively for about 2 years without serious negative incidents, because of the Captain's Rules

#1 (The Prime Directive). Don't drink around work. Don't drink with people you work with you don't trust. Don't drink around people who are directly subordinate to you, especially if you are attracted to them.
#1a. BTW, I am quite the Kirk because i break the Prime Directive often.. but always with justification.

#2. Don't throw up. Don't get to that point.
#2a. If you do, don't destroy anything.

#3. Know your limits. Stop drinking before you feel sick, not when you feel sick. A good rule of thumb is to stop drinking when you start to feel really good. Then have fun. And keep track of where your limit lies for next time (and that rule #4 affects your limit).
#3a. If you do feel sick, you might be best off breaking rule #2.

#4. Eat first. Something that coats, and something that absorbs, in that order. First have something that will coat your stomach, like something oily or greasy (not too, though!) or milky (better). The something that absorbs on top of that, like bread.
#4a. If you don't eat, take your presupposed limit (from rule #3) and cut it in half. Empty stomachs are dangerous. The good part of puking is clearing out your system. A dry heave is the bad part, and its all you'll do if you have an empty stomach.

#5. Safety. Plan to stay over. Know where you are going to sleep. Don't get behind the wheel of a car, and make sure you plan exactly how you are getting home or to work, without endangering yourself or your license & insurance policy.

AMENDMENTS (added after bad times)
a) Liquor then beer.
b) Tequila doesn't go well as a parting shot.
c) Avoid smoke if your stomach gets bad.
d) Keep your eyes closed while you puke.
e) Avoid peer pressure to break any of these rules

Try to learn from my mistakes, and alcohol can be a nice alternative to feeling like yourself, to straddle the fine line between self-control and self abuse.

--------------------

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see someone's made alcohol their party-time necessity.

Did you, as well, think drinking just to get drunk was a waste of precious booze?

I bet they found you on the floor trying on someone's camisole at some point.

Silly boy.

I like that song, too. [Smile]

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if I had a million dollars, we'd build a treefort in our yard, so nyah.

Three times in the past three years, I think. In every case, owing to some form of poorly accepted ingestible, or in one case a combination of a poorly accepted ingestibles and a conflicting inhalable.

The absolute worst situation had nothing to do with alcohol however, but rather a past-expiry yogurt went down the hatch at midnight on the night before a term paper was due and decided to make a reappearance just shy of the bathroom door at about 5 in the morning. Stress does funny things, like make you comment to your friends when at the cafeteria about the yogurt being strange-tasting and runny but then not check the expiry date; it also keeps you glued to your keyboard until your uvula is being tickled by the sweet taste of dairy goodness and it's pretty clear you're losing containment.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My friend once dared me to eat the pepper out of one of those little packets at Tim Hortons. I thought nothing of it so I did. 5 minutes later my lunch was on the sidewalk. now whenever he mentions it I get the uncontrollable urge to feed him a couple dozen pepper packets.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

KXZ
Member # 119

- posted      Profile for KXZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Nice friend you have there dabang

--------------------
"Most Trek chicks are fat ugly dogs who could burn the plating off a starship with their looks."
--The Ultimate Trekker, TrekBBS, December 26, 2001

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps