Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I asked a girl out today (Page 1)

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  11  12  13   
Author Topic: I asked a girl out today
Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did. My first time, admittedly, and I was nervous, but I did ask her out. Someone I knew said she wanted to go out with me, but he was lying, apparently. Oh well, he will die. [Wink]
Anyway, the girl I asked out was surprised and just smiled while saying "No thanks, sorry," and walked away. Not bad for my first time (I'm relatively young). Even if she didn't agree to going out with me, it gives me points.
And it's better than some of you will ever do. [Wink]

--------------------
Meh

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*LOL!*

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well .. good for you buddy.
It's not easy - not all the time .. sometimes .. you don't even have to ask .. it just sorta happens..

I'm recently seperated .. well.. it's been nearly 3 months..

I've been alone for that long.. My wife has.. literally disappeared.. she calls only to get shtuff from me .. and i never see her. *shrugs*

however... There has been a girl that I've wanted to ask out for about 2 weeks... nothing serious.. just ask out -- go to bar for a drink.. or a movie.. or just a darn walk....

It's tough to do it after nearly 10 years...

*slaps head* what am I thinkin'? [Smile]

So I feel yer pain.

It's not the last time you'll be rejected... But when one girl says... 'yes' it makes all the rejections worth it!! [Smile]

Keep tryin'

[ January 17, 2002: Message edited by: Alshrim ]

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At least she didn't run to the other side of the room.

Or fall for your friend who was like you in just about every respect except taller, better muscles, and blonde.

Or agree to go to the prom with you while neglecting to tell you she had a boyfriend.

Sorry. I'm bitter.

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'm as fresh as daisy. Completely unspoiled by any sort of relationship.

And down right lonely.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't been in a relationship in about a year (yeah, freedom!*). Anyhoo, semester starts Monday the 28th, so hopefully something'll come out of it (a new drinking buddy, if nothing else).

* Financial freedom, too. Dating can be expensive.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*sigh*
I liked her, too, but judging from what happened today she will probably try to avoid me as much as possible. But that's normal, I just hope she doesn't think I'm a stalker or anything.
However...as far as I know, I'm the first person to ask her out. And that means, whether she likes it or not, I'll be imbedded in her mind forever as being the first person to ask her out.

--------------------
Meh

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah, in my experience, if they don't say yes they do avoid you [Smile] . man, talk about expenses. it sometimes seems that my girlfriend of 2.5 years gets to my paychecks before i do, because there is never anything left when i want something for me.

[edited to add words that were missing. the first sentence now makes sense]

--jacob

[ January 17, 2002: Message edited by: EdipisReks ]

IP: Logged
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You got the first step out of the way, and faced rejection too boot. Not that it is a good thing, but the very worst of it is over.......

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gotta say wow, because I have never asked a girl out. Been in a lot of 'situations', 'arrangements', 'entanglements'. etc.. (even though i chose the path of most laziness, not asking girls out. sheer probability has landed me with a few good things here and there.. kind of restores your faith in the universe when youre feeling glum. Except when you still arent getting any)
One day when things are boring maybe we'll all pull up a thread and hear the history of Captain Mike and girls. Its quite enthralling I think.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Antagonist
Member # 484

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Veers, congrats on yor first ummm....rejection. Lemme just tell you a few things that I've learned that may make your dating life a little easier.

In my experiences, you shouldn't ever feel like you're not good enough to ask a girl out. If you're in a high school sitcom drama like situation (which was often the case for me),then it'll be hard to pierce the social cliche aspect of asking a girl out. The bottom line is this: If your personalities connect, then there is no reason for you to hesitate to ask her out.
Also think of dating this way: Its all about the sex. No, actually, I don't mean you should be having one-night stands or anything. Shit, no that would be bad. what I mean is that don't get too emotionally attached to your significant other. More serious relationships should come later, after you've figured out how the whole dating thing works.

And remember most of all.... have fun. [Smile]

--------------------
Move .sig!!

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It could've gone better Veers, but trust me, it could have gone much, much worse. If you don't believe me, I think the Major Barcalow vs. Girls thread is still up here somewhere.... [Smile]

I'm planning on asking someone out tonight after work. Making that call is the hardest thing.

I think the biggest thing when asking girls out (I'm far from being an expert, mind you) is to get a little small talk in first. Make 'em laugh, chat a little. Run into them a few times and establish a couple of commonalities. Then you have the chance to segue into "Hey, I'm going to grab a cup of coffee. Wanna join me?"

Being casual about the first "ask out" is a decent way to get a feel for interest level and at the same time makes future run-ins less uncomfortable in the case of a rejection.

But hey...if it makes you feel better...it never gets any easier [Smile]

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen to that Aban Rune !! I'm planning on asking this girl out today too!!

*crosses finger* -- freakin' 32 years old - and still getting the heebee-jeebees when it comes down to this !! [Smile]

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know... I pace around the freakin' room for five minutes before I finally get the matza to just dial the number. I'm 26 and it still feels like I'm back in high school every time!

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've learned better than to ask a girl out over the phone. In person works so much better. Not that I've had better LUCK with it, mind you. It's just more... natural.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  11  12  13   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps