Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I asked a girl out today (Page 12)

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13   
Author Topic: I asked a girl out today
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Though "mixing the carriages" would also work.

(Thou all speakest in such colorful metaphores)

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Might have to use one of those adaptor thingies, but I don't see where it wouldn't work at least in theory. Of course, an argument could (and likely would) be made that it violates the very principle of the mantrain...

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

Nevod
Member # 738

- posted      Profile for Nevod     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pointing out to thing with sucking idiots and crazy womans...

Well, my idea that mens always think about what they should not think about now. Instead, they think about wrong things, such as quantum physics or morality when it's time to flirt. Idiots can't think so they get womans.The only way to get woman is to get really drunk or be unable to think or such. While womans are schizophrenis so they're uncapable of seeing consequences and stuff.

Dammit, we have no hope.

--------------------
Fear is the ultimate enemy.And unreasoning is second that.

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not unless you have a fully stocked bar in your home or pocket.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or a deep, desperate belief that occasionally, just occasionally, the nice guy will win.

It's been about as frequent as Liverpool playing interesting football, but like Sunday, it does sometimes happen.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welp, that means I'm pretty much doomed. How much is it to ride the Man Train?

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Update: I'll be working with her on a project soon, and I'm hoping I can start a conversation with this girl and act like nothing happened. That is, unless she decides to only talk with my friend who is working on this project, too, in which case she'll hear all about Gundam... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Meh

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Veers:
That is, unless she decides to only talk with my friend who is working on this project, too, in which case she'll hear all about Gundam... [Roll Eyes]

She'll thank you when you save her just as he gets into the facinating subject of Heero + Duo.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*finds thread*
Ah, there we go. Well, I talked to her again today, the first time since I asked her out. She talked to me back and it looks like things are okay for now... It's sort of like she has no memory of what I did.
I'm hoping to talk to her again tomorrow.

--------------------
Meh

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, might as well share my story.

I have a rather attractive female friend who by reasons that I don't remember isn't going to our senior prom with her boyfriend. So, I asked her if I could go with her, so she would still have a date. Well, turns out that a friend of hers said he'd go with her. And I found out she wasn't going with her boyfriend yesterday! I should have acted faster. Oh well. Apparently this other guy might be getting hooked up with someone, and she said that if he does, she'll let me know. ^_^

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, may as well toss my hat into the ring...

First off, I don't measure my success with women by how many dates I get. I measure it by simple emotional attachment, and there is a girl that I'm extremely attached to. We're talking adopted-little-sister level affection. I honestly think I could marry this girl and live happily for the rest of my life. However, due to certain circumstances (which shall remain forever unclear to all reading this, so don't ask), I can't tell her that. Fine by me. She's my friend, and I'm quite happy with that. But I found out yesterday that she's moving to SC in three months, after which I may well never see her again.

C'est la vie...

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went on a date recently. It was fun. End of my story.

Or: I got the woman love. [Big Grin] (But not in that way...)

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd tell you a story...

...if I ever went out on a date...

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To those who think nice guys don't get the girls: perhaps you're looking in the wrong place. (That or maybe you don't act as nice as you think you are.)

One of my roommates always complains about how there are no nice guys in the world. She's had some short relationships that might be really great for a few days and then go down the drain. She has a lot of friends and go out every weekend, but no luck with guys. Well, she hangs out with people who like get drunk and smoke pot and go to frat parties where the only thing guys want is sex, so of course she wouldn't find too many nice guys in that setting. Me, I don't have a lot of guy friends, but every one of them is nice and some even mature. And I wouldn't touch the frat parties with a ten-foot pole. It all depends on where you find them.

Basically, be yourself and find an environment you're comfortable with. If you hate clubs and go clubbing so you can find a girl, you're not gonna have much luck. Or if you do, it's unlikely she's going to be your type.

That's all I have to say about that.

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I'm in pretty much the same situation as Veers (well actually, apart from the lovesick teen bit It's rather different but I couldn't think of a better way to begin this post); I asked a girl out some time ago and she said no. She thenstarted ignoring me completely. This went on for a little while before she started talking to me again. This went on for a few months; we were quite friendly (talking regularly + e-mailing almost every day) but now she's suddenly started to ignore me again. Her best friend assures me she isn't trying to be cruel but...

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps