Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I asked a girl out today (Page 3)

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  11  12  13   
Author Topic: I asked a girl out today
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Felicitations Veers. At least you asked instead of wondered what her answer will be. Anyway, try to avoid double dates. It you never know if the guy your girlfriend's best friend brings along turns out to be gay and shoves his tounge down your throat.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, that's something gay people in general tend to do? Well, since it's a gay guy saying so, I guess I'll have to accept it as true. Thank you, Michael, for exposing your people as the perverted sex-offenders they apparently are...

And for those who wouldn't get it otherwise, that was sarcasm.

And to whoever was trying to reassure me (I can't be bothered to go back and see who it was; I == lazy bastard), the problem isn't "approaching" her. It's not someone I don't know. Like I said, I was in class w/ her every day last semester, and again this semester (which has been all of a week so far). If it were someone I didn't already know, I'd have less of a problem w/ "the approach". Of course, if it were someone I didn't know, I can't imagine why I'd be asking her out...

Anyway, the problem lies more in acually getting myself to bring it up once I'm talking to her. But, I'll manage eventually. Or not. One of those two.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd give advice, but I'm feeling a bit bitter towards the other gender at the moment. So I don't feel like giving. Not that anyone here would take my advice considering my very public dating record.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been thinking, and Snay may be right.... Dang twice in one thread.... If they make a second X-Files movie you may ask her out to that.... or something along those lines... give it a feel of not being a date, but two sci-fi freaks catching a movie, maybe a walk home afterwards with pleasent conversation on the state of world nuclear affairs, then maybe a real date after that....

I have discovered that being friends, getting to know each other a lot before hand makes the relationship better.... for me anyway

Good luck on the next time at bat, and if need be, practice on the local slut....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm, to think that's how I met my first boyfriend while with my girlfriend at the time. And I wasn't being funny, TSN.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

The Talented Mr. Gurgeh
Member # 318

- posted      Profile for The Talented Mr. Gurgeh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Then again, he could be telling the truth and she just panicked when you actually DID ask her out.

That's a good point. She could be just acting coy, Veers, or she could be just as nervous as you. The "communal date" idea mentioned earlier can help break the ice alright, but it can be a double-edged sword, she might take to someone else in the group.

--------------------
"Out of doubt, out of dark to the day's rising
I came singing in the sun, sword unsheathing.
To hope's end I rode and to heart's breaking:
Now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall!"

The Battle of the Pelennor Fields.

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True--it may have caught her off guard--but I still think I need to make friends with her a little more. If she is "salvagable."
And, there are other girls.

--------------------
Meh

Nevod
Member # 738

- posted      Profile for Nevod     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Wohoah...*
*Nevod found intresting thread*
*Nevod looked in and drooled a lot*

Actually, I feel sorry for you, Veers... But honestly, that's not a reason why I posted.

So: I damn want(or at least I think so) to ask out a girl... I know her for 7 years, and we are(or had been... Because I had stopped any relations whatsoever with anyone for 1 month) for 2.5 years... And I think I can get some crap to talk about...

Though... I don't enjoy talking with people(usually) and I got somewhat evil [Frown] in last 2 weeks...

Can someone put in more help?

--------------------
Fear is the ultimate enemy.And unreasoning is second that.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would think someone needs to put in a lot of help.

I was going to write a grand and glorious retelling of some good girl stories, but recent developments are making me feel less than generous towards members of the opposite sex that i used to celebrate the existance of. Perhaps when things improve.

I'm glad this board isn't as publicized as TrekBBS, or we would have non-scifi fans surfing in and observing that there is a thread with this name..

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Nevod
Member # 738

- posted      Profile for Nevod     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Huh, I do realize that the same is happening with me... Or my classmates... They became ignorant, completely ignoring school "laws" and NEVER getting any punishment. That's the reason why I became a bit evil.

Oh, and today 2 girls asked me for something similar... I refused. Why? Because I don't believe im them. Darn, can someone give positive stories? I'm tired of sheer unluckiness.

BTW, the best part about Flare that it has very friendly community.

--------------------
Fear is the ultimate enemy.And unreasoning is second that.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny. My luck with women is getting better & better all the time. Must because I'm (to quote one girl) "a dayum sexay PeePee God."

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TSN: That was me trying to be reassuring [Smile] If you've known her for a while and she knows who you are, then I think that's your first step. You're half way home. I'd invite her to something casual. Something you know she's interested in.

Just my two cents. But to me, getting to know someone well enough to even decide I want to ask them out is a whole process in itself. You've got that hurdle jumped already! [Smile]

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aban: While I appreciate the offer, I'm not really looking for advice. I already know what I need to do. The difficulty is just in getting the words to actually come out of my mouth. :-)
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm. I think what this thread is seriously lacking is me attempting to give advice. 8)

First off, way to go Veersychops! I bet that took a lot of guts, more than I'd have. I've never actually asked anyone out like that, my relationships usually started out as friendships which rapidly got sexual (usually with drink involved), or as casual meetings in bars or clubs that rapidly got sexual (definitely with drink, and other things, involved).

I was once set up on a blind date. We got along OK, but afterwards the mutual friend informed me that a long-time male friend of hers, hearing of this development, panicked and informed her of his true feelings for her. She returned those feelings, they got together, end of story. Was it a lie to spare my feelings? Don't know. She was small and blonde and cute, the kind who seems all innocent and prim and proper, not really my type, who turns out to be a hellcat in the sack. Oh, wait. . .

Then, more recently, there was a girl I liked at work. We were vague acquaintances for a long time, until I became part of the same social circle as her. Then it became torture. I sort-of asked her out once, she couldn't make it. We never really got much chance for one-on-one interaction, it was more as part of a group. I had to see her go through several relationships while apparently not knowing I existed in that sense. Did she know? Probably, it just wasn't important to her then. Our best mutual friend informs me I likely had my chance, once evening when she called me, despondent over a relationship that was ending badly. She called me, and me alone; I was near where she was so I went over and we spent the evening hanging out; I didn't want to try anything because she was vulnerable then. I was also coming to the realisation, having seen her relationship style, that we wouldn't work together. But I still wonder what might have been. . . We've both found our oysters now, however, and are just as close friends, and like each others' other halves to boot. I'm not allowed to invite her to my stag weekend despite her being one of "the lads" but her boyfriend's coming along.

Is that tour through the lowlights of my lovelife any help, or of any relevance? Probably not. But I lied getting it off my chest. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Veers:
True--it may have caught her off guard--but I still think I need to make friends with her a little more. If she is "salvagable."
And, there are other girls.

Salvagable. Kinda strikes me as odd using the word, "salvagable" when talking about a girl. But I guess it's the best word for the situation.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  11  12  13   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps