Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I asked a girl out today (Page 4)

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  11  12  13   
Author Topic: I asked a girl out today
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since we all seem to be spilling our guts about our love lives, or lack thereof...

There was once an extremely attractive girl who had a crush on me, back... three years ago, I believe. The girl practically asked me out on at least one occasion, and flirted with me on a couple others. But at the time, I was just too think to see it. It took one of her friends verbally smacking me over the head to notice it, and even then I was STILL to thick to do anything about it. By the time I actually got around to asking her out over a year later, she, of course, wasn't interested.

Curse my youthful stupidity. That girl was HOT! Still is, for that matter.

At the mo, accounting for age and personality, there are only two girls that I know that I'd be anywhere near intersted in. I apparently don't meet one's standards (but then, no other guy she's met does, either...), so that leaves but one, and she may just be interested. Worth a shot. [Smile]

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It did take a lot of guts. I didn't even think I'd do it. Then I just planted my foot down, turned around, and asked her.
The hard part is waiting to say it. Opening your mouth and saying it isn't really the hardest part(well, it is)--but you have to know what to say, how to say it, and when to say it. I think I messed up somewhere in there.
On an unrelated note, why is everything so slow to load on this forum now? [Confused]

--------------------
Meh

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, the first time I asked a girl out, I said, "You know, I have a friend that's threatening to beat me with a rubber fish if I don't ask you out."

Which was true.

She didn't hear me. Dumb bowling alley.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I was a senior in high school, there was a freshman girl on my bus who had a crush on me, and printed out about 100 pages of the MSTVoyager website for me. She was cute, but young, and she had mild tourette's or something like it that made her twitch out funny things every once in a while. She tried to arrange for me to come to her friends birthday party with her, but i backed out cuz i wasnt sure if i wanted to go, and the age difference bothered me.

Nowadays, nobody ever has a crush on me, and the age differences I deal with now are so much more severe than the 3 years i wouldve been dealing with back then. Stupid hindsight.

[ January 19, 2002: Message edited by: CaptainMike ]

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The greatest ass-raping I ever recievd from a woman over asking her out would be the girl I knew from Sophomore year (she was a senior at the time). Just about the only interaction my all guys school had with the nearby all girls school was a school play my sophomore year that never got off the ground again.

Anyway, the play ended and life went on. Next year came and so did the junior prom. I managed to track down her AIM ID and started small talk. She invited to her play at the local community college, where she was now going (good sign, eh? [Wink] ) So I went, dragged my friend with me and sat there and watched her play Miranda in the Tempest. Afterwards we saw her and did the regulatory small talk. I asked her, and I honestly don't remember the next five seconds of my life. I know she said yes and I think - I'm not sure - I got out of there with some dignity attached.

Well, as time would pass, I found myself at her house to get this behavior agreement sheet signed by her. She was looking for a pen while her grandmother in the coffee stained "I Love Jesus" sweat shirt grilled me. As my date reentered to sign the paper, her grandmother turned to her and casually remarked, "Does Jeff know about this?" To which she responded with equal casualness something about him not caring and she was going to do it anyway. Then, for the final kick in the balls, the grandmother turned to me and stated more matter of factly than I have ever heard anybody speak before or since, "Jeff is her boyfriend."

I still have the ticket stub from the play, because finding the courage to ask her out is the bravest thing I have ever done.

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The greatest ass-raping I ever recievd from a woman
This is a fetish in some circles, but the gross violation of the natural Train of Man is one nature never intended.

quote:
I found myself at her house to get this behavior agreement sheet signed by her.
Well, dear old me! I hope she wouldn't raise her voice in outcry if your dowry did not meet her family's expectations!

A Gentleman Caller indeed!

I saw a movie once, and it had Kevin Pollock and William Shatner in it. William Shatner was the dad of this woman, who was wearing the sexy underwear for sex, and who owned a Future security-seal chastity belt that could only be opened by the Bill himself.

Kevin Pollock, who does a very nice Shatner impression, made an android of the lady, and enjoyed the sweaty, sweaty sex with it. But it become stuck.

So, I think, crazy courting procedures are crazy.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Herr Magnus has apparently been briefed on the ways of the Barcalow.

Unless he is the Barcalow.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah... Just like the olden days. That's the UM we all know and fear. :-)

"That girl was HOT! Still is, for that matter."

Well, Omega's going to hell. Again.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I was thinking that myself. Whatever happened to "actively not wanting to lust" & all that shit?

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, what ever happened to Ommie's "actively not wanting to lust" attitude towards life?

[Edit] Well freck. GMTA, I suppose. Damned phone.[/Edit]

[ January 20, 2002: Message edited by: Cartman ]

Nevod
Member # 738

- posted      Profile for Nevod     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He now just want not to actively want to lust.

While I extremely want to get lazed, but all my efforts are unsuccessful.
anyways...

[ January 20, 2002: Message edited by: Cartman ]

--------------------
Fear is the ultimate enemy.And unreasoning is second that.

Veers
You first
Member # 661

That was the first time I had taken action on girls...
*raises eyebrows*

--------------------
Meh

Nevod
Member # 738

- posted      Profile for Nevod     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Veers:
That was the first time I had taken action on girls...
*raises eyebrows*

Why you raised eyebrows?

"Taken action"... Sounds weird and very interpretable.

I had never taken any action on a girl...

--------------------
Fear is the ultimate enemy.And unreasoning is second that.

Veers
You first
Member # 661

I don't know why I made that post. I just meant to say that this was the first time I'd ever done anything like this. Of course, I had said that before.
*realizes this post probably makes no sense*

--------------------
Meh

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing really makes any sense to me anymore. Which is good, because I still remember stuff that made sense, and should I have had my ability to interpret that which makes sense while reading current posts from new and returning members, I would have been dismayed by how blessed little sense thay made (and still don't make). Does that make sense?

That said, I have been in a relationship for about three weeks now that has been so intense that I literally can't remember what is going on. The only problem is that she isn't really looking for a relationship-type thing right now, so our time together has been relegated to the area of 'fun', which I know is going to crush me soon enough. She has a small child and we've been having such a great time. I'm really crazy about being responsible for helping her take care of her daughter and we do so much for each other that there is no way I could walk away just because the terms of the relationship bother me. And none of it makes sense to me.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  11  12  13   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.