Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Oh dear, I'm so old. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Oh dear, I'm so old.
RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Yes, I celebrated my..er..our 19th birthday yesterday, but it was too busy (I do have a few friends, surprisingly) to go up to the puter and post. Next year I'll be 20, and I can't help but feeling a bit old already. When I was 12 I always said I would probably die at 18 so I can't tell you how glad I was that didn't happen. (depressed? Me? Well, duh) Also don't forget to congratulate Alec Guinness too, who, if I'm not mistaken, celebrated his 85th birthday yesterday.

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Birthday RW, albeit after the fact.

You think that's bad? I'm 21. By now I'm expected to know what I want to be, where I want to live, and have left a trail of single mothers across the country!

------------------
"I'm sorry I'm late....
I've been irrigating the desert...
Which isn't easy on your own."
- M&W

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy birthday, Rutger, and to you brother too. . . I won't even attempt to spell his name!

It was my grandfather's birthday yesterday, too. 8)

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Birthday.
Happy.

Until recently, the above words never seemed to happen together, for me.

Eighteenth - I spent in the woods of Pennsylvania with a bunch of old boring guys, learning Scouting leadership.

Twenty-first - Bought bottle of vodka. Drank 5 shots of same. Went for short walk around campus. Stood on bridge over gorge. Didn't jump. Went back to room and fell asleep.

Twenty-fifth - Slept through most of it, sick with flu.

(now it starts getting better)

Twenty-sixth - Spent with new gf. Mention of activities prohibited.

Twenty-seventh - See Twenty-sixth.

Looking forward to Twenty-eighth.

You're not old, and it ain't over till it's over!
Wheee!

------------------
*I only SEEM Normal*

The Excalibur
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for The Excalibur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Birthday! Don't feel old, wait till you hit 35. That's what I did, I've only felt old for 3 years.

------------------
Parallax

The Vorlon
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for The Vorlon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*will mark his 19th in 22 days*

Well, being a Vorlon, that would be my 19th millenium, not year. =P

------------------
Lyta Vorlon: "Our great mistake. Our failing. And now your failing. The error is compounded."
Delenn: "What mistake?"
Lyta Vorlon: "The first one, the one from which all mistakes proceed: The error of Pride..."

-- Kalesh Naranek, Last of the Vorlon
www.orc.ca/~jheinbuc/

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One week from today will be my twentieth birthday. I feel like I've squandered a fifth of a century, but oh well. Happy Birthday to all the April babies in here!

------------------
"Some people call me the Space Cowboy. Yeah! Some call me the Gangster of Love. Some people call me Maurice. Whoo hoo! 'Cause I speak of the Pompatus of Love!" - Steve Miller Band's The Joker

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, RW, welcome to the ranks of the living fossils.

------------------
COMPONENT EQUIVALENCY NOTICE:
The Subatomic Particles(Electrons, Protons, etc.) Comprising This Product Are Exactly the Same in Every Measurable Respect as Those Used in the Products of Other Manufacturers, and No Claim to the Contrary May Legitimately Be Expressed or Implied.

[This message was edited by Baloo on April 03, 1999.]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*makes everyone feel older* I won't even be 18 for 39 more days... :-)

------------------
"About as useful as a narcoleptic rickshaw driver."
-James Lileks

LB4747
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking as an ancient 21 year old, old age does have its advantages...

*Takes a sip of favorite alcoholic beverage*

------------------
Lawrence Boucher
- "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."
- "For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain."

IP: Logged
Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*counts all 20 of her gray hairs and sighs*
Old, at 19? Well, I suppose. I'll be 20 on April 12. But come, now, what happened to that "age is just a number" thing? .. (of course, if I held true to that, sometimes i'd be the equivalent of a 4 year old, and sometimes i'd be like 40 or something).
I think of it as more than age... but... like growing and stuff. Have you ever had a "tall" day? That's when like, you look around and suddenly realize that you can reach things you never could before, that you can look DOWN on people, and that you can see more of your mother than her knees :-) ... well, I think we should count it like that. At my near 20 years of age, there are alot of things I should know that I don't.... and there are alot of things I know that I shouldn't. One thing is patently clear, however. I know more things now than I did when i was 4 (obviously, i'm typing to you) and when I am 30, or 40, or 50 will know still more things. And is knowledge such a bad thing? ....
Don't think of it as getting old. Think of it as getting wiser. :-)
(or at least, we hope. *LOL*)

------------------
If Galileo had lied to save his life, would America, or the West, or Space have been discovered?

Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't wait until I'm 2000 years old.

------------------
What do you mean I'm not kind. Just not you're kind.
--Dave Mustaine
"Peace Sells"
MEGADETH

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to agree with LB4747. Being old and living in the UK has its advantages.

*gets paraletically drunk, and fails to say anything else amusing for a week*

Whadda ya mean, he didn't say anything amusing in the first place. Begone, the lot of you.

21 next year, and dreading it...

------------------
'It's okay to only know three chords but God, put them in the right order'
-Hank Hill

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm 6,5 years younger than both of you and only 37% of Alec Guiness' age.

------------------
I know engineers - they love to change things. (McCoy, STTMP)
www.uni-siegen.de/~ihe/bs/startrek/

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, I'm still counting down to my big 2-0 on the 10th. ::sigh:: Now I really do feel freakin' old!

------------------
"Some people call me the Space Cowboy. Yeah! Some call me the Gangster of Love. Some people call me Maurice. Whoo hoo! 'Cause I speak of the Pompatus of Love!" - Steve Miller Band's The Joker

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps