Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Used car websites (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Used car websites
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm looking for a site that allows for a search and comparison of any recent model of used car by keys such as mileage and reliability. Something like cNet's hardware search, but moreso and with cars. Anyone know anything?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
www.carmax.com

Like that?

www.carfax.com lets you look up specific cars by VIN.

And, try http://www2.getauto.com/

[ May 07, 2002, 21:16: Message edited by: Malnurtured Snay ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
www.autotrader.com
www.cars.com
www.edmunds.com
www.autobytel.com

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, you to can find all the sites you need just by using a search engine....

just use a search engine to find a search engine of your liking....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What if you don't like the search engine you use to find a search engine you like, do you use a search engine to find a better search engine to find a search engine you like to find the search engine you like for finding stuff?

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not exactly something where the appropriate search terms are easy to come up with. Most sites don't advertize having a ten-layer used car search engine, for example.

Under any cirucmstances, AutoTrader.com was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

And who'da thought that my ideal car was a '96 Buick LeSabre?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'96 Buick LeSabre? Ick. Don't really care for LeSabres much...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Buick...the next Oldsmobile

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rather large pair o' wheels for an 18-year old with, oh, two full years of driving experience under his belt.

Suffering from SPS, perhaps?

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder what Simon drives. Or even what drives Simon...
David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Grokca:
What if you don't like the search engine you use to find a search engine you like, do you use a search engine to find a better search engine to find a search engine you like to find the search engine you like for finding stuff?

I used to use Yahoo to search for Google because I didn't want it in my address bar, and was too lazy to bookmark it. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The359:

Yeah, only Buick's cars don't look cool. [Smile]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What Simon drives: 1995 Ford Taurus, green, seldom clean.

What drives Simon: Deep-seated fear of rejection coupled with megalomaniac tendancies, healthily sprinkled with self-loathing.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you.
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

quote:
Originally posted by Topher:
quote:
Originally posted by The359:

Yeah, only Buick's cars don't look cool. [Smile]
DAMN RIGHT! [Big Grin]

Although, that wont exactly be true soon, since Buick's upcoming Rainier will just be the Oldsmobile Bravada rebadged. So there's a little Oldsmobile still alive SOMEWHERE...

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps