Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I have yet to experience...

Author Topic: I have yet to experience...
Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...the "joys of home ownership" as described below.

The plumber made his yearly trip recently. It's always the same guy - Paul, Special Master of the Compressed Air Rifle. The gun made a sound between a cross between a hiss and a grunt, the sound of Rosanne taking a cannonball to the stomach. It blew about 9000 cubic yards of compressed air down the pipes. Every house on the block rose about an inch; raccoons came shooting through of the sewer grates, neatly sliced.

I about blew a gasket restraining my laughter at the above. Wife and Child are both asleep. Both need their rest and neither is shy about expressing displeasure when deprived.

The rest of the article is here: http://www.lileks.com/writings/ppd/plumber.html

------------------
READ THIS BEFORE OPENING PACKAGE:
According to Certain Suggested Versions of the Grand Unified Theory, the Primary Particles Constituting this Product May Decay to Nothingness Within the Next Four Hundred Million Years.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You should write Headlines for tabloids newspapers, Baloo.

Starting a thread with such a leading title. You should be ashamed of yourself. Go on, apologise.

------------------
'It's okay to only know three chords but God, put them in the right order'
-Hank Hill

[This message was edited by PsyLiam on April 06, 1999.]

Jaresh Inyo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish that was all I had yet to experience.

------------------
Josh: I think they're getting to know each other a bit too well, if you catch my drift.
Me: Oh, I agree. I think they're spending too much time together, that is of course, if you catch my drift.
Asher: I think he's *ucking her, and he's cheating on his wife, and he's risking his marriage, and if his wife finds out about it she'll leave him and take their son, and his life will be ruined. If you catch my drift...

IP: Logged
Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahh so I take it you have not stubbed your toe(s) yet Jarish?

------------------
I drink therefore I am.

-Descartes

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aw, the poor raccoons.

------------------
"I have come to the conclusion that one man is called a disgrace, that two are called a law firm, and that three on the law become a congress! And by God I have had this Congress!"
--John Adams, "1776"

Jaresh Inyo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's an affirmitive. Toes have not been stubbed.

------------------
Josh: I think they're getting to know each other a bit too well, if you catch my drift.
Me: Oh, I agree. I think they're spending too much time together, that is of course, if you catch my drift.
Asher: I think he's *ucking her, and he's cheating on his wife, and he's risking his marriage, and if his wife finds out about it she'll leave him and take their son, and his life will be ruined. If you catch my drift...

IP: Logged
Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My recommendation...kick a brick wall toes first...a most invigorating experience.

------------------
I drink therefore I am.

-Descartes

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remember, however, that unless it's your wall, you might want to wear some boots. No sense dislodging bricks unless you plan to keep 'em.

--Baloo

------------------

One brick and counting (of course, we closed the brick factory, but ya never know!)

------------------
WARNING:
This Product Warps Space and Time in Its Vicinity.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps