Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » My ship came in (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: My ship came in
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Found the dedication plaque, outside the enlisted mess deck.

U.S.S. FITZGERALD
GUIDED MISSLE DESTROYER
LT. WILLIAM C. FITZGERALD
AUGUST 7, 1967

BUILT BY THE MEN AND WOMEN OF BATH IRON WORKS
BATH, MAINE

KEEL LAID FEBRUARY 9, 1993
LAUNCHED JANUARY 29, 1994
COMMISSIONED OCTOBER 14, 1995

Again on the uniform issue. We have several. Two summer whites, 1 dress white 1 working white. Same for winter blues. Then there's utilities which are dark blue pants and light blue shirt. Finally dark blue jumpsuits, kind of like those on Enterprise.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was about to post something stupid like needing a good amount of closet space for all those uniforms. Then I remembered that you probably aren't allowed to have anything that isn't a uniform or a pair of pajamas on the ship.
Obi Juan
Who's your master?
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for Obi Juan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes:

Again on the uniform issue. We have several. Two summer whites, 1 dress white 1 working white. Same for winter blues

Damn I hated the whites. They were the result of a consipiracy by uniform manufacturers I say. Working blues were the best. Classy looking--no bell bottoms, and near the end of my enlistment they finally let us wear garrison caps instead of the stupid whitecaps.

Of course I managed to get through my enlistment without ever setiting foot on a navy ship. Good luck.

--------------------
"Existence is random. Has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it too long. No meaning save what we choose to impose. This rudderless world is not shaped by vague metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It?s us. Only us."
Rorschach

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a few pairs of clothes. Ask Matrix, if one thing is enforced in boot camp it's how to fold clothes so they barely take up any space.

There are no more bellbottoms. The dungaree's as they use to be called were redesigned, now they're just regular dark blue slacks. I prefer the working whites myself. Sure the dixie cup sucks to wear, but it looks professional. The working blues otoh look oddly Nazi-like to me.

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a fellow shipmate, good luck.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps