Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Die Another Day ($$$poilers) (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Die Another Day ($$$poilers)
Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I have just seen it and I think it ranks as the second best Brosnan film (after Goldeneye) and one of the best altogehter (Goldeneye 1, Goldfinger 2, then it all gets jumbled...). There's plenty of action, yes, and cheesy FX all around, but it's solid entertainment. Halle Berry is good as an un-stereotypical Bond Girl. Plus, it's nice to see a villian has a car as good as Bond's.

The best parts: Q, of course, and the end of the movie with Moneypenny. Classic!

--------------------
Meh

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Double post. Heh heh.

[ November 29, 2002, 20:33: Message edited by: Veers ]

--------------------
Meh

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's what I don't get ... Col Moon/Graves was presumed dead, and in reality was in Cuba getting that "transplant" surgery when the transmission from the prison naming the American agent was sent. Presumeably, this was sent by one of Moon/Graves' agents in an effort to secure Xao's release by trading Bond.

But Xao was a prisoner of either the Americans or the British. And Moon/Graves was in Cuba. And the prison seemed to be under the watch of General Moon. Given Moon's surprise at his son's plans, it seems unlikely he knew that his son had a mole in MI-6.

So what does that leave us? Another high-ranking officer in the prison (probably the female interragator -- even within the prison, she wouldn't want the lower ranking torturers finding out she had a Western source ... might've tipped the government off to the planned coup), most likely.

Or ... that Bond actually DID crack ...

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or that the movie was designed to make money, not sense.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No one's putting a gun to your head forcing you to post in this thread, TSN.
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*hides the gun*

Right, sure, no one is holding a gun to his head... [Wink]

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"No one's putting a gun to your head forcing you to post in this thread, TSN."

Well, no-one put a gun to your head and blew your brains out, but they apparently still managed to escape somehow...

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went to see it on Friday; quite good, I thought although not the best. The sword fights were very good as was the car chase. I wasn't that keen on halle Berry though; her character seemed to be lacking something. Overall, very good fun (although not the most believable storyline ever, even for a Bond film).

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

quote:
but they apparently still managed to escape somehow
Riiiight. Who are you talking about, now? Who was I supposed to guard?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tEH cLEVER rETORT iS lOST oN hIM!!!!!1!
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes...

But I think everyone has gotten their...uh...I'm not sure what the best word would be. But whatever it is, everyone has gotten their's off. So, back to the spy flick.

("Flick?" That's a kind of strange word for a film.)

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
("Flick?" That's a kind of strange word for a film.)

It's derived from "flicker," which is what projected film did in the early days.

I'd also say that Die Another Day is Brosnan's second best, after Goldeneye. I wasn't too impressed with Tomorrow Never Dies, and while I liked The World Is Not Enough, I didn't like it quite as much as this one. Overall, I'd say Brosnan is the one I'd have to call my "least favorite" Bond, even though I think they still haven't made a bad choice for an actor to play the role. (I even enjoy George Lazenby! [Razz] )

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

How you can like Roger Moore and Tim Dalton over Brosnan is completely beyond me.
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Spy Who Loved Me is the greatest James Bond movie EVER!
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Siegfried:
The Spy Who Loved Me is the greatest James Bond movie EVER!

It's up there, but there are a couple others that top it. (Thunderball being among them.)

In my book:
(from "best" to "worst," though as I said I don't really DISLIKE any of them)
1. Sean Connery
2. Roger Moore
3. Timothy Dalton
4. George Lazenby
5. Pierce Brosnan

-MMoM [Big Grin]

[ December 06, 2002, 20:26: Message edited by: The Mighty Monkey of Mim ]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.