Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Oh, yay! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Oh, yay!
Shik
There's a million things I haven't done, but just you wait
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got my charging documents today. They added sexual offense in the 4th degree & a bunch of "common law" things. Twenty-two counts!

Arraignment is 0915, 25 February, Circuit Court of Maryland for Baltimore County, 401 Bosley Avenue in Towson. Be there or be square!

I guess my Chinese New Year's party really IS going to be a last bash, eh?

--------------------
"I never agreed with Jefferson once—we have fought on like seventy-five different fronts. But when all is said & all is done...Jefferson HAS beliefs; Burr has none."

Styrofoaman
Member # 706

- posted      Profile for Styrofoaman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don'tcha just love it. Commit one freaking crime, (in my case it was driving with an expired license years ago) and they slap you with bunches other bullshit charges...

Aggravated Unlicensed Operation 2nd
Expired License 2nd
Driving Past Curfew (!! I was 27 at the time so WTF?!)
Speeding (31 in a 30 zone)
Inadauqate Saftey Devices (headlights weren't "aimed" right)

Never thought I would say it... but thank God (satan?) for lawyers. Got off with a $1000 fine instead of 3 months in jail.

Not even similar to what you're facing... All I can say is good luck.

--------------------
Like A Bat Out Of Hell...

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What did you do ShiK? I must have missed the announcement.

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very long story...there's at least two threads about it somewhere on here.

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"What's the difference between Satan and your lawyer?

Satan always wins."

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Times like this I wonder if anarchy really is a viable solution.

Lots of luck to ya.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Epoch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny how they add those really stupid things when you get busted. Had a party in my dorm room and it got busted. Not only did I get a Furnishing Alcohol to Minors but I also got an M.I.P Pretty hard to get one of those when I was over 21.

--------------------
The Poster formally known as Tec.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The reason they "stack" charges is so that the overworked State's Attorneys won't drop the charges.

"Hmm, this child molesting priest has three counts against him ... but THIS child molesting priest has twenty-four. Gee, I wonder which one I'm going to not drop charges on?"

When I did my ride-along, the Silverado driver was charged with (if my memory serves me), Driving while Intoxicated, Reckless Driving, Fleeing the Scene, Hit & Run, First Degree Assault, & a bunch of other stuff.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm no expert, but I think one of the other reasons they do "stack" charges like that is so they think they can cover all the bases, make it more likely to convict you of something. Even if not all the charges fit perfectly.

Great system, huh? [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is why I never do anything illegal... when there's even the slightest possibility I'll get caught.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What? That's it? That's all you have to say on the subject? No "Well, that's how our system works, and it's the greatest system in the world, so if you don't like it, go live in Russia, pinko!" or equivalent? I feel cheated. Are you feeling unwell?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

cptmkb
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for cptmkb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's the new emotion chip.

He's much better, now.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"What did you do ShiK? I must have missed the announcement."

Short version: he was banging a high-schooler and her parents found out.

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lee - he's forming an international coalition before he hits you with everything he's got. But believe me, you will be hit.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
His CIA sources probably heard I had a tin of rice pudding, and thought I said 'canister of Ricin.' 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.