Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Oh, yay! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Oh, yay!
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You still don't have legal representation, Shik?

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is correct, sir. I fall into a financial dead zone. Here's hoping they realize it's in their best interest to appoint me an attorney. In the meantime, the Chinese New Year party is still on track & I think I may have a date on Friday afternoon before I go to work. I'm not sure, though.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rebound girl?

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She is of legal age, yes?
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of very legal age, yes, & rebound girl, no. Not interested in love, but AM noticing a distinct absence of new friends. It's high time I made a fix of that.

New info!The prosecution is trying to bar me from ever contacting her again based on my trying to speak with her one day last month. They've made a motion to add it to the charges; no mention of the date of hearing of said motion--nice, huh? Plus, they say that I contacted her "to inquire about the pending case." A complete & utter lie. I did so merely to find out how she was doing, how she'd been over the months. Nothing about the case at all. Wonderful system we have here.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The problem, Shik, is that there really are so many real predators out there...

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
like me!
Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Epoch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Shik it is no longer about how bad the system is. Yes I am aware that there are serious problems with it.

However what you did was illegal regardless of the reasons behind it. At this point the prosecution is going to do everything in its power to nail your butt to the wall. This is either due to the parents activily pushing the issue or the prosecution has a real problem with this type of case. In either case it is in your best interest to sit down, shut up, and only speak when spoken to.

Don't take this as sympathy on my part though. I strongly disagree with your choice in sexual partners. The laws are there for a reason, break them for any reason and face the penalties.

--------------------
The Poster formally known as Tec.

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK based on the comment above me here, I really want to know what's going in Shik's life to get him into trouble and references made to his choice of sexual partner.

Is it anything to do with the topic: "A bad, BAD day"?

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

Shik
Member # 343

No, that's about my car accident.

All I can do is quote Delenn: "The heart does...as the heart does."

--------------------

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The body, however, is controlled by the mind, at least if you care to qualify as human. Saying that your heart made you do it is definitely not gonna fly as acceptable defense.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"OK based on the comment above me here, I really want to know what's going in Shik's life to get him into trouble and references made to his choice of sexual partner."

The answer is still the same as the last time you asked.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Omega:
The body, however, is controlled by the mind, at least if you care to qualify as human. Saying that your heart made you do it is definitely not gonna fly as acceptable defense.

We're heading back to Omega-lust here, aren't we?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Did we ever leave it?
LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know I didn't! [Wink] [Razz]

--------------------
"You are anal twattypoo who has ruined my good mood" PsyLiam to TSN May 01,2006.

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps