Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Beverages (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Beverages
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a big difference between the very specific "sugar and water" and "any molecule made of hydrogen, carbon, and oxygen". It'd be like saying a human is a panda, because they both have arms, legs, lungs, etc.
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Humans and pandas are both mammals, like sugar and alcohol are both hydrocarbons.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooooohhhh. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More specifically, sugar and alcohol are oxy-hydrocarbons. [Smile]
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I would think there are some liquids that aren't sugar-based, like acids, ammonia, chlorine. They don't taste like sugar, at any rate.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nitrogen?

Timo Saloniemi

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ouch.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Humans and pandas are both mammals, like sugar and alcohol are both hydrocarbons."

Exactly. They both fall under a particular category, while still being vastly different.

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fresh squeezed walrus juice
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Futurama Guy:
Actually, not to sound totally insane regarding honey beverages, the ancient Russians drank many different honey beverages such as "perevar" and "braga" which were alcoholic (they also used molasses).

This might be interesting to note...there is a drink called mead, or honey wine, which is widely considered the world's first alcoholic drink first made by the ancient Greeks. This is the original "nectar of the gods."

Mead, in essence, is honey, water and yeast for fermentation, with spices and fruits often added for flavor variation. It is simpler to make than beer, and while meadmakers once had to boil the honey to sterilize it and wait up to two years for the product to age, mead can now be cold-filtered and can ferment in two to three months.

Im actually half tempted to try to make the stuff sometime.....

I have had the privlage of drinking good Mead. It was wonderful.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder what privlage means.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You aught to know, since you've had it... [Wink]

--------------------
'Your spirit will always be the light that guides me... that guides me forever...' - Whispers

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ouch. I didn't know that you could hold liquid nitrogen in your mouth, i'll have to ask my chem teacher about that. And I saw on Guiness prime time someone held molten lead in thier mouth for a time.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last time I had a pizza straight out of the oven it felt like molten lead, does that count?

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps