Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Our 4th birthday... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Our 4th birthday...
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coincidentally, it's also the CapComs' 5th birthday in a few weeks. I might do a couple of Greatest Hits posts. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
Th scariest thing is that, counting from the beginning of the UP board, the sixth birthday is coming up relatively soon...

Now that's even SCARIER!! LOL!

Huh hmm - I guess I'm not that controversial as I was no where to be seen in Omega's history. I was on the UP boards... scary.

I think the first person to reply to one of my posts was ID crisis! You have a special place in my heart, ID! LOL!

I miss the 'holiday colours' that Charles used to do here. St. Patrick's day, Hallowe'en, Christmas - to name a few.

Bon Anniversaire Forums du Flare! [Smile]

Happy Birthday.

AndrewR
still resident nut-cache
*sitting by phone for an interview by Omega* [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone remember the Behaviour Banner competition!?! LOL! I think I found my entries for that on my hard drive at the end of last year when I was cleaning it out for the move to my new 'puter! [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My god... this place has a much more colorful history than I'd thought! And I thought the Trek BBS was a cesspool of controversy! [Razz]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Them? Amateurs!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Y'know... four years of history is an aeon in Net terms. Most online communities haven't even been around that long, let alone sticked together like this place has.

BBSes may come and go, but Flare is & will always be... unique.

Shik
There's a million things I haven't done, but just you wait
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the record, the traditional gifts for the 4th anniversary are linen, silk, rayon, nylon, & other synthetic silks.

--------------------
"I never agreed with Jefferson once—we have fought on like seventy-five different fronts. But when all is said & all is done...Jefferson HAS beliefs; Burr has none."

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I miss the 'holiday colours' that Charles used to do here. St. Patrick's day, Hallowe'en, Christmas - to name a few.
Heh, I should do that more then? [Wink]

I was going to bring back the original 5.38-era Flare design for a day, but then I realized that I didn't have the original PSDs to work with... [Frown] So many losses in those crashes.

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Four years. Wow.

Omega's chronology is... interesting [Wink] [Smile] .

Happy Birthday!!!!

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Flare 5.38? Is that the one with the dark colours?

You should talk Adam into letting you bring back SolarFlare for a day, to show the new folk what it was like at the start... [Smile]

Hey, you could even have an SFCR day!

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's always the Way Back Machine. [Smile]
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*sniff* That brings a tear to my eye...

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MinutiaeMan:
I haven't been here that long, but that's certainly a huge achievement. Happy Birthday! [Smile]

I'll second that! [Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted by Shik:
Four years old & we're still not potty-trained. Sad, really.

HEHE! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Cartmaniac - thanks for that link, I vaguely remember that layout when I first arrived in April 2001 - nearly 2 years ago! [Eek!] Oh how the time flies when you're having fun.

Keep on Flarin'!

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's the really old UI, alas without the images.

Dude, almost all of the forum descriptions are the same.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, Here's the really old UI.
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.