Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Our 4th birthday... (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Our 4th birthday...
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It'll go down as soon as Charles purges all the unused memberships.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

"The server (this was the old behaviour.co.uk on VirtualPC hosting service) was hacked. Hundreds of websites were feared deleted. It was a British hacker, politically motivated. He was caught and convicted - vPC wasn't his only target.

How does the song go:
"Ah, yes, I remeber it well"?

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Charles Capps is rumoured to have said:
"Here's the really old UI, alas without the images.
Dude, almost all of the forum descriptions are the same."

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it", said the penguin to the slightly smaller, female penguin.

Oh, the stab of nostalgia at the sight of ye olde forum colors, delves deep in me cockles indeed, yarr. :-)=

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I miss the old colors.... [Frown]

--------------------
'Your spirit will always be the light that guides me... that guides me forever...' - Whispers

MaGiC
tutis per veneficus
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for MaGiC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So am I the oldest active member (with original name) who still has too few posts for a senior member tag line? I think I might be.... Captain Mike..I was a startrekker.net chatter too until it died. No other chat site has ever been the same...sniff.

--------------------
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride"

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*clinks spoon to wineglass*

Alright, I may be a little affected by having taken my cough-medicine just now, the stough's laced with morphine, but anyway!

I just want to say how happy I am with Flare being what she is. Her attitude, quality, standards and traditions.

I just came from visiting a small public forum on a GameSpy computer-game website.
I have some plot problems in a game so I thought I'd visit the corresponding forum and post my problems, simple.
I'm already a free member to GameSpy, so I'm automatically a member in all "Planet*****" gamesite forums, very convenient.

It turns out I came a close shave from being banned silly, after five minutes!
For saying "damnit".
Even had I said "d4mn1t".
The context was "I want to persuade Galrone but he still won't damn talk to me!"

So I fill my glass and toast to Flare.
Although some words of malice uttered here at times could do with a second thought before posting,
I appreciate the confidence TPTB place in us to choose our own words and let us talk like human beings and not robots.
Damnit! :-)=

To our little four-year old, may she grow up to be as pretty as her mother!

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Charles's totalitarain heavyhanded rule of the board, has resulted in more freedom to speak here then any other board I have visited. I have pointed this out to others, without using his name, or flares, to people who put so much time into writing rules for there boards. The "Slipstream Underground" people knew who and where I was talking about. I think Major Barclaw was a member there.

No one else will even give it a try. Over regulation has killed one board, and turned the other into a police state, as much as a message board can be anyway. I come here now, and Ex Isle, where former Streamers hang out. They have guide lines that some of the members insisted on. Not as bad as some I've seen, but I prefer it here.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, he does understand the difference between freedom of speech and idiocy. I guess thats why people keep coming back.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
TPTB place in us to choose our own words and let us talk like human beings and not robots.

What's wrong with how Bender speaks? [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I lurked at the behaviour group, then at the others, before joining here... Then I wondered to myself, what have I done.... Then I said, aww, to heck with it.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The funniest thing I found that happened on the days I made my first post was this....

"...you know, Omega, there's a phrase you might want to look up. It goes something like "paranoid arrogant fuckwit who has more chance of ejaculating to the moon than he has of ever convincing a girl that he's a viable prospect for marriage." -PsyLiam, September 16, 2000 10:23 PM.

32 minutes before I posted.....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Say, I remember that quote...
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone had it in their sig for a while. It made me feel all special. I then bet that specialness down at the dog track, and lost it all. Curses.

Can't remember what the quote was in respect too though. Something to do with puppies, maybe?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Time has really softened you up, Liam.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That and chocolate.
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps