Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Has anyone here... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Has anyone here...
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ever been abducted by aliens? no serious - I haven't but is it common? does anyone think its happened - does anyone not believe in aliens? Have I been just watching too much X-Files...?

------------------
Alamaraine, count to four...

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, I've never been abducted by aliens, but since I don't KNOW if it's possible or not, then I'm choosing not to say that it ISN'T possible. I really have no opinion on the matter, I guess. I mean, if they're out there, they're out there... if they're not, they're not... why worry about it either way though? :-)

But on a side note, one of my dearest friends is OBSESSED with aliens and she's recently been voted "Most Likely To Be Abducted By Aliens" by our Sr. Class... this is a title that she's VERY proud of! She's just hoping that it comes true soon, so that he life will be complete.... hehehe... gotta love her enthusiasm!

~LOA

------------------
*in memory of Ralph*

"Ch-ch-ch-CHIA!"

May his terracotta soul rest in peace...

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Abducted by aliens? ... I think there are a few people here who think I have been ... My mother certainly would agree with that. But I don't remember, so.. *shrugs*

Believe in it? ... I like to keep an open mind about that stuff. IS there other life out there?.. Maybe ... Maybe not... who cares, as long as they don't come out here and blow us up? *L*

But ... A'la Contact , I WILL say that it's an awful waste of space ... if there isn't.

------------------
If Galileo had lied to save his life, would America, or the West, or Space have been discovered?
And if Columbus had never set sail, would the Earth still be flat?

Enterprise
Member # 48

- posted      Profile for Enterprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The last time they tried to abduct me, the Sovereign was able to destroy their ship before they could get to me in the shuttle craft.

------------------
Brandon "Enterprise" Grasmick
Commanding Officer, USS Sovereign (NX-74222)

"Captain, the Sona crew are willing to negotiate a cease fire. It may have something to do with the fact that we have 3 minutes of air left."
-- Worf

Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges
-- In time of war the law falls silent.

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I was a child, some FBI dudes abducted my sister and made it appear as if she was taken by aliens.

No...wait, that's the X-Files.

------------------
The Unknown Vulcan

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't doubt there's other life out there, and I wouldn't be surprised if they've been here. But, I also wouldn't be surprised if, after they came here, they cordoned-off the entire solar system and put up a big sign that says "Humans Here - Enter at Your Own Risk"...

------------------
"About as useful as a narcoleptic rickshaw driver."
-James Lileks

[This message was edited by TSN on April 05, 1999.]

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I was 10, some FBi dudes kidnapped my sister...

oh wait, DC's done that.

Damn him.

------------------
'It's okay to only know three chords but God, put them in the right order'
-Hank Hill

Jubilee
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*ROFL @ TSN*

------------------
If Galileo had lied to save his life, would America, or the West, or Space have been discovered?

The Vorlon
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for The Vorlon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure, I've abducted a few Humans in my time.

You know, did the whole "Look, we're Angels!" thing, messed with their DNA to produce Telepaths, took a few serial murderers back to Vorl for future use, stuff like that... =P

------------------
Lyta Vorlon: "Our great mistake. Our failing. And now your failing. The error is compounded."
Delenn: "What mistake?"
Lyta Vorlon: "The first one, the one from which all mistakes proceed: The error of Pride..."

-- Kalesh Naranek, Last of the Vorlon
www.orc.ca/~jheinbuc/

Chimaera
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was a study done a few years back that estimated that about 3 million Americans thought they had been abducted by aliens. Now either a lot of these people are mistaken (and there are proven psychological conditions which can produce effects quite similar to what abductees report), or that is one very busy alien race.

I don't doubt that there is life out there, and I find it quite plausible that they may have at one time, or are currently, playing tourist here on Earth. The problem is it's nearly impossible to prove it is (or is not) happening. The stereotypical grey alien and abduction scenario is now so widely known that it would be quite easy to fake a story, so sorting out those who want attention and those who are honestly mistaken from those who actually may have been abducted is quite difficult (although there are reports of physical evidence, the implants and so on).

As for wanting to be abducted, well, I'm sure it would be an interesting experience, but from the majority of abduction stories it often sounds rather unpleasant at times.

------------------
"Sometimes you get the bear, and sometimes the bear gets you."
-Commander Riker, USS Enterprise

IP: Logged
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vorl?

Not Vorlitron?

Volicon?

Vorl? VORL?

Isn't that short for Vertical or reverse landing or sumink? eh?

------------------
'Saying it in a stacato voice doesn't make it any more true'
-Stewart Lee

The Vorlon
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for The Vorlon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*glares at Liam for mocking his homeworld's name* =P

Actually, Lyta did once say "...take it back to Vorlon..." when referring to bits of Kosh's consciousness, but I consider that to be like Klingon and Kling, and dismiss it as stupid-sounding. A Vorlon, of the species Vorlon, from the planet Vorlon... Pleh. I like Vorl better.

------------------
Lyta Vorlon: "Our great mistake. Our failing. And now your failing. The error is compounded."
Delenn: "What mistake?"
Lyta Vorlon: "The first one, the one from which all mistakes proceed: The error of Pride..."

-- Kalesh Naranek, Last of the Vorlon
www.orc.ca/~jheinbuc/

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it's a little off-topic, but my theory is that "Kling" is a term for the Klingon race, like "Man" is often used for the human race.

------------------
"About as useful as a narcoleptic rickshaw driver."
-James Lileks

Jubilee
Member # 99

"Kling" .. Hm. Sounds more like some sort of badly named laundrey detergent to me.

------------------

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry not to have responded to this thread sooner, but I was illegally detained (not abducted) by aliens on my way to the forum.

[rimshot]

BTW, is it just me or do I hear a trolling motor?

------------------

HEALTH WARNING:
Care Should Be Taken When Lifting This Product, Since Its Mass, and Thus Its Weight, Is Dependent on Its Velocity Relative to the User.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps