Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » How did you discover (Solar)Flare? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: How did you discover (Solar)Flare?
akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found Flare in April 2001 while looking for information regarding the size of Starfleet. Who would have thought that it would have led me to a community as wonderful and as interesting as this one, not to mention down right funny and friendly. Hurray for Flare!

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

(My first post: http://flare.solareclipse.net/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=000488#000007) (Wow, that sure does bring back some memories)

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin] I came upon Flare, or rather the pocket of the Behaviour Group which would crash and be resurrected several times in order to finally become Flare, just after First Contact came out, when I was looking for information about the new ships.

IIRC (it's been a long time), I wasn't going to stick around but I noticed someone on the message board with a particularly wrong opinion, and I just had to correct them. I've been doing so ever since, through DT, through the anti-social.com invasion, through the interrogations, the LOA pictures, Omega and Creationism, RW, guns, Bosnia, 9-11, Iraq... through it all, I have endured. And I shall not be moved.

"I am as constant as the northern star!"

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As constantly wrong, perhaps.
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trust you to take a harmless thread into the political arena.

Oh, will this vendetta ever cease?

"Enough of the politics of personal destruction."

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really don't remember, might have something to do with my stint at www.firstones.com, or that B5 tech board I used to hang out at.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rob,

I'd like you to read your post, read my response, and carefully state your reasons for accusing me of taking this thread into the "political arena."

Clearly, if either of us took it into that area, YOU did, and even a basic comprehension of the English language will show that to be the case.

Get a fucking Dictionary.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"'I am as constant as the northern star!'"

You constantly change w/ the precession of the Earth's axis?

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

A basic comprehension of the english language (including the concepts of 'syntax' and 'context') would show that "doing so" refers back to "stick around."

After all, what would there be to "correct" in the interrogations, or LOA pictures?

Or to rewrite the post for those with a less-than-comprehensive understanding: "I wasn't going to stay here, then something happened, and I've been staying here ever since."

Only your galactic level of defensiveness made you see it any other way.

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Rob.

The facts: you made a post proclaiming yourself master of the correct interpretation of all events, and then likened yourself to the constancy of the Northern star.

I made a joke regarding how unconstant you are.

You replied by screaming about how I was turning an innocent thread into a political one.

Your second posts makes no sense, since clearly your first post took the thread into the political realm.

quote:
A basic comprehension of the english language (including the concepts of 'syntax' and 'context') would show that "doing so" refers back to "stick around."
quote:
IIRC (it's been a long time), I wasn't going to stick around but I noticed someone on the message board with a particularly wrong opinion, and I just had to correct them. I've been doing so ever since
So, when you say "doing so" referse back to "sticking around", what you really meant in your sentence was "I've been not meaning to stick around ever since?"

Clearly, "I've been doing so ever since" refers to "...particularly wrong opinion, and I just had to correct them."

This is backed up by the follow-up statement, "I've been doing so ever since, through DT, through the anti-social.com invasion, through the interrogations, the LOA pictures, Omega and Creationism, RW, guns, Bosnia, 9-11, Iraq... through it all, I have endured. And I shall not be moved."

Conclusion?

Despite Rob's protects, "doing so" clearly does NOT refer back to "sticking around."

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you two finished?

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, they are.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Yes, sorry for hijacking the thread.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So exactly how long have you two been married?

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since mankind began to record history.
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

Sorry for responsing to the hijacking of the thread, thereby hijacking it further. Last time.

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps